Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Fun With Paint!

Hello Ladies!
Just a quick post today to share some of the things that I have transformed lately with paint.  I am continually amazed at how easily the look of something can be dramatically changed with just a few coats of paint!
The first thing that I wanted to show you was this pair of vintage wood and metal wall sconces that I gave a much needed makeover!  I found the prettiest shade of blue, I think it is called "Lagoon Blue", gotta love that name.
 I think it is such a cheery, calming, yet energizing shade of blue!  If you are interested, they are currently in my Etsy shop I am having a sale right now of everything in my shop, just enter the code: Paris1 when checking out, to receive 20% off from your entire order!
 Can you believe this is what they used to look like!  I think they were almost begging me for a makeover!
 This next project was really a fun one!  I took a rather plain and ordinary looking shadow box, and gave it a makeover with the prettiest shade of light blue.  Some distressing and the addition of a few shells that I collected on beach vacations, and viola!  A beachy chic shadow box!
 I just sold this beauty the other day.  Now that means that I need to find more shadowboxes to transform!
 I really love the hanger.  I think it also would look so pretty laying on a table!
 And this is what she used to look like!
 Ok, in my excitement to paint this puppy, I neglected to take a before shot!  I gave this vintage cast iron trivet a new lease on life with some vibrant turquoise paint (my own custom blended shade!!).
 This also can be found in my Etsy shop.
Here is one last look.
Hope you are having a great weekend!  Now, get those paintbrushes out and get busy!!
I have linked up with the following great parties:
Funky Junk Interiors SNS
Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday 
Becolorful Motivated Monday

26 comments:

bj said...

These are great. I just saw a pair of the candle holders at our thrift shop..I didn't look at them twice..:)) Now, I will, tho.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
I love everything but my favorite is the shell box. I love the color that you used, so pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Christine said...

The sconces are my favorite, but everything is wonderful. Although...that trivet is beautiful too...;)

Leo said...

Love everything. The shadow box is awesome. I would have bought that had I seen it in your shop. It probably didn't last too long!! Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend!!

Debbiedoos said...

Gorgeous colors, you are getting me in the mood to spray away!

Tete said...

It is amazing how things look different going from dark to light and even different shades of soft blue, white and even pink. You know I love it all! Hope you sales are up!
Hugs- Tete

Musings from Kim K. said...

You've been busy. Everything looks fabulous. You do such good work. I hope everything sells quickly.

PS. Are you getting snow? It's been snowing on and off all day in West MI. Enough already.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

you have been busy! all turned out well!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love that Lagoon Blue that you used on the sconces! Gorgeous color!

Hearts Turned said...

Hi, Donna! Just found you through Cindy (Whimsical Musings)...so glad I did!

What a beautiful job you did repainting your fabulous finds--love them! And your shell shadowbox is fabulous!

I'll be following along...hope your weekend is wonderful!

Julie

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Charming re-dos, as always, Donna! I especially love the shadowbox!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I LOVE all this repurposing...and those sconces and the beautiful piece with the shells--WOW!!! I love everything!
Sending big ((((hugs)))) your way, my talented friend!
XO
Cindy

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

You certainly know how to turn everything into a beautiful treasure.. What a beautiful mind you possess!! Blessings CM

Sandi said...

You do such a good job with all your makeovers Donna! Keep it up! I LOVE your photo of Quebec City! Beautiful!!
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what you can do with a little paint, Donna... wonderful transformations! My favorite is the shadowbox... beautiful!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,
jo :)

Donna said...

The shadow-shell box is my favorite! Who wouldn't love to have THAT?

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I love that you thought to paint the trivet. That is the kind of thing I like to do too. Upcycle something that is looking a bit tired and weary into something bold and beautiful.
Would love it if you would consider sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful too.
Pam

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

All of this so pretty! The shadow box is adorable! Great job on painting and color choices!

Unknown said...

These are very nice! My family is heading to Florida for a vacation, I think I will collect some shells with the idea of a shadowbox display in mind!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I am loving those sconces! They look so chic
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

wow! the sconces sure turned out pretty! I especially love the shadow box...great idea adding the shells!
Hugs,
Debbie@lakehouse

Unknown said...

What kind of paint do you use on the shadow box - well I guess for the wood items, period - ????
I'm wondering if you use wall paint or just regular craft paint. Also, do you put a top matte coat on it or something - before or after distressing a bit.
I love that blue and have something wood in mind that I can't figure out what to paint on it because I don't like the craft paints.
Thanks.

Be Colorful Coastal said...

You know I like your style. Thanks for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
Pam

Anonymous said...

This is so cute love the turquoise. Visiting via Be Colorful.
Pia

Erin said...

I love your shell box! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/

Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

Karen said...

My favorite item from those you showed in this post is the shadow box with shells. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Don't be a stranger!

Hugs, Karen