Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Glittered Eiffel Tower Jar Candle

I've been on a glittered jar candle kick lately!
Whenever I am stressed, out comes the glitter!  Sure, I have much to do with preparing to move clear across the country, but I just had to get my glitter fix in!!
 For this one, I chose a gorgeous Eiffel Tower print over at the Graphics Fairy.  I really love the sepia tones!  I just had to display the candle with two of my Eiffel Towers, that I brought back last year from Paris!
 And of course I had to add some of my favorite taupe crinkly seam binding.
 And I also added this pretty silver fleur de lis charm.  Oooh, la, la!
 I think that glitter, seam binding, Mod Podge, and the Graphics Fairy images (thank you, Karen!) have become necessities in my craft room!
Now, go out and glitter something!

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

There she is! All a-glitter again! I cna't believe you are blogging about glitter when I know all that you have on your plate! And I'm not talking hamburger casserole here! xxoo Diana

Tete said...

LOL- I think I will just watch from the sidelines!
Oh, you and your glitter addiction, but if it relieves your stress- glitter away. Have you glittered your husband yet?
I'll bet your dust even sparkles...
Hope you are getting things in order and that your next trip out there will be a good one and that you find your new dream world.
Hugs- Tete

Musings from Kim K. said...

I've been thinking about your move and wondering how you were surviving the stress. Glitter is definitely a safe way to unwind...hee hee. Your candle is gorgeous.

mizdarlin said...

Beautiful tones on that print..very evocative..how are things progressing on the rental front? I'm doing the same thing, fingers crossed for both of us!

Chris Arlington said...

Lovely candles. Sorry I haven't been visiting often. I have a bronchitis and pneumonia. I sure missed a lot. Love that glitter too. Everyone needs sparkle in there life. When I think of my house. I am glad I am not the one who is moving. You will love it in Seattle I am sure. LOTS of crafty places. xo

Christine said...

What ever would we do without Karen? That candle is gorgeous! Feeling down?--glitter! That's the answer! Hope you are doing well Donna! Hugs to you...

Leo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this candle. Gotta go to your shop for a visit. You know how much I love your candles. Great job.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Donna,
Oooh-la-la!!! I love this candle! It is tres magnifique!! I have been crafting all day and I just talked to Ralph on the phone and said, "Honey, I've
got glitter all over my arms!" I told him it was your fault! lol You got me addicted...how funny is that?
XO

Pamela said...

Very pretty Donna!!

I know exactly all the work you are going through just to move!!
I never asked how you are planning on moving.
We did the move by truck in the dead of winter!!
One child, dog and two cats six days across Canada oh and towing a car too!!!
And i would do it again in a heartbeat...best time ever!!

Pamela xo

Erin said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I saw it in your Etsy, and really loved it. How gorgeous and just so perfect! I still need to ask my mom about those owl ones from back in the day. At least you have a terrific outlet for that stress, because that glittery goodness is beautiful(although I wish you weren't stressed:( ).

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is SO pretty, Donna! I love your graphic and color choices!

Anxiety Cause said...

Wow! It's glittery and stunning! It's a total eye catcher!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Donna, the candle is beautiful. Once you get settled you will be covering Seattle with all kinds of beautiful glitter. I know you are probably feeling quite overwhelmed right about now, but soon you will be settled and comfortable and making lots of new friends...but don't forget about us!!! I'm sure you will be having all kinds of wonderful adventures to tell us about.

I am finally able to post again. Blogger has been very problematic lately but it seems to slowly be correcting itself. Very slowly!

Sandy Ang said...

The subtle glitter effect on the effiel image is so wonderful !