Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Une Table Pour Deux, S'il Vous Plait

a table for two, please..........
Bon Jour, and welcome to our petit bistro!
I've never tried my hand at tablescapes, but I thought I would get brave today and give it a whirl!  I am amazed at all of the incredibly talented ladies out there who create such stunning table settings!  So I was always too nervous to create my own.  Well, I thought it might be fun to try my hand at it, so I created a simply set table in my favorite room in our house, the sun room.

As you can see, our little dog wanted to be part of the action as well!  Sorry for all of the glare on the windows.  It was a nice an sunny day today, and this is a sunroom, after all!  I really love our green bistro set of ours.  We enjoy eating breakfast and lunch here, and since our back yard is surrounded by woods, there is always alot of wildlife and birds to entertain us!
I love blue and white, so that was my theme for today.

Our water and wine glasses have the most beautiful etched designs.  I found the wine glasses a few years ago at a garage sale for just $1 for 4! We have since broken two (phooey!), but I would love to find some additional ones that match!  They have a pretty butterfly and floral design.  A friend of mine gave us the water glasses a couple of years ago.  Notice the pretty hummingbird and hibiscus etched design?

A cute little vintage jam pot, and a pretty cobalt blue dish and ladle (I love colbalt blue glass!), sitting on a vintage blue glass plate, along with a vintage napkin with the most beautiful crocheted lace edging.


I love milk glass, and I found this pretty vase at a moving sale this summer.


The pictures just do not do these beautiful vintage napkins justice!  They belonged to a world traveling aunt of mine, and I think she brought these back from a trip to the Philippines.  Don't you just love the pretty white dove napkin rings?


I wanted to show you our place mats.  They are made in England, though we picked them up in Paris a few years ago.  I just love bringing things back from trips that we can use on a daily basis, as a little reminder of far away places!  I think you can find this brand, Portmeirion, quite readily here in the States.

You may have seen my candle lantern chandelier before.  She didn't always look so pretty!  She began life as a circa 1970 beyond ugly Mediterranean style hanging lamp.  She was wrought iron, and had a very ugly gold glass lamp insert.  Needless to say, she was quite dated!  Thank goodness for Heirloom White!  I added an old strand of rosary beads.  (I'm not Catholic, so I hope that's not a faux pax to do so!).
A cute bistro signs completes the look!

And here was my helper!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and letting me share my very first tablescape with you!  Have a terrific night!

13 comments:

Karen said...

Donna...Everything looks just beautiful! You have such a flare for all things nice! Your little helper is a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decoration and images dear Donna!
Cute dog.
Kisses.

NanaDiana said...

Donna - It looks beautiful. I can't imagine you being intimidated about a table scape. Although I haven't done one myself either;>)

It looks lovely. I used to have a huge collection of blue and white. I had a service of 16 of the Currier & Ives that belonged to my hubby's grandmother. I passed those along to my daughter..and gave her most of my cobalt blue pieces too. The truth is, I don't even know if she likes them all that well...

Your napkins are lovely and so are your placemats. And that chadelier is spectacular. I had NOT seen it before. It is wonderful. Amazing what a little Heirloom White can do, isn't it?

Uh...where is your helper's plate? Hugs- Diana

Erin said...

Love the table, that chandi is terrific and your little furbaby is so serious looking, but quite adorable!!!

Leo said...

Love the sunroom!! And your helper too. He did a good job setting the table!!

Amanda Lee said...

Very pretty table scape -- you have some beautiful pieces! Thanks for visiting House Revivals and commenting on the little ornaments.
~Amanda

Musings from Kim K. said...

Beautiful table. Your water/wine glasses are simply divine. Your furry helper is pretty darn cute.

Vintage Market Place said...

When is lunch??
Beautiful display, I just love milk glass it reminds me of my grandmother so that always puts a smile on my face. I also love to put candlelight in them and watch the glow...
Happy WW
Amy

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

This is so Inviting Donna! Beautiful! Your Helper is Adorable!
Just Stopped by to wish you a Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family!
Hugs
Jill

Donna said...

Just beautiful things!! I bet your tables always look remarkable! Love your Cocker too....he's very cute!!

Kelly said...

You did a fanstic job for your tablescape! Your sunroom is lovely (love the walls!), and the blue and white compliments the "sunny" disposition of the room so well. I also love your little French sayings here and there...I studied French in college, so it's fun to read it sometimes!

Kelly

Chris Arlington said...

I can't imagine you being intimidated by creating a beautiful table. You are to artistic to be left behind. I love your little fur daughter she is adorable.

Cindy Adkins said...

This is all so gorgeous!!!
XO