Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, December 1, 2014

French Christmas Peat Pots

It's hard to believe we are already into December and the Christmas season, isn't it?
I've really been on a roll creating with the adorable graphic of the Joyeux Noel Angel that I found a few weeks ago on Pinterest.
So, in keeping with my French Christmas theme, I have been having a blast making these pretty peat pots for my Etsy shop.
 I've filled the pots with all sorts of glittery goodness and tons of details!
The pots have been painted with my favorite creamy shade of chalk paint, then dusted a bit with clear coarse glitter.  Nestled in a bed of shredded brown kraft paper and snippets of shredded vintage sheet music is the cutest petite bottle brush tree.  I bleached it a wonderful creamy white, then flocked and coated in more clear glitter. 
 Pretty creamy cotton lace, as well as a paper rose (which I couldn't help but coat in fine silver glitter!) embellishes the top.
I fashioned a handle of wire, which I wrapped in pretty vintage inspired silver tinsel trim (love!).
I added the sweet little French angel, mounted on chipboard and glittered (are you sensing a theme here with all of the glittery goodness??).

 Also tucked inside is a bit of faux greenery, sparkly silver faux berries, and a cute little jingle bell that I coated in silver glitter.
                  
                          Topping it all off is a pretty silver and white glittery snowflake, 
                                                               and a "Joyeux Noel"
                                               (French for "Merry Christmas") banner.

 So there you have it, my version of a glittery silver French Christmas!
Joining French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

13 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so beautiful, Donna! You always create such beautiful pieces! I just want to play with my peat pots now!

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Donna! What lovely peat pots! So vintage and 'Christmasy'! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Ordinary J said...

So pretty!!! Stunning decor for Christmas!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I spy your favorite little girl being used again in this beautiful project! It's just stunning, Donna.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Glittery Goodness! Love it and oh so cute and sweet! Craft on my friend!
hugs,
Linda

Debby said...

Just beautful.

Tete said...

And you just keeping glittering away over here. :) Love the peat pot. Love Katie in lights, too, in the header. I am having all kinds of help here with 2 new critters. SO far, the trees are still upright.
Are you ready for Christmas??? I am getting there. Not too far from being finished. Until I think of something else to do.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que preciosa idea!!!!! me encanta

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, love your sweet little peat pots. Such a precious creation using that sweet little girl graphic. You are so talented and come up with the best ideas for these little pots.
Love your header and seeing Katie tangled in the lights. Too Cute.
Have fun creating and decorating.
Happy December!!
Hugs

pathtojunkentreasure said...

Hi Donna. I love the look you created with the pots. One can never have too much bling! Thanks for sharing. Milena

The Bear's Blog said...

I love the one you gave me last Christmas, it reminds me of our friendship each time I look at the tree - it's in the family room so I see it many times during the day.

Hugs

Okio B Designs said...

So precious! That angel image is just to die for. =) C'mon over when you have a sec, I'm having a giveaway.

Jeanine

Debbie said...

Oh Donna, this is truly a beautiful piece!
You've chosen all the perfect little embellishments for your French display for the Christmas season.
I love it!
Debbie
xo