Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pretty Pink Pillows, and some neat Passport Covers

Hello Ladies, hope you are all keeping cool!  It's still really hot and muggy here, good day to work on projects indoors, and to get caught up on some blogging!

I have always loved supporting cottage industries.  I think it is so satisfying to purchase something from a "real" person, something that the creator has put their heart and soul into.  One of my biggest pet peeves is mass produced items with the inevitable "Made in China", or "Made in India" label! Well, I won't get on that soapbox today, but I would like to share with you a few wonderful things that I bought from two lovely ladies on Etsy.  If you have never shopped on Etsy, I would highly recommend it!  It is a venue that I am so excited about, and truly believe in!  Anyway, I had been wanting some pillows for our bedroom, and I came across PattyPillows on Etsy.  I ended up buying these two beauties from her, which I also like the look of on my white wicker love seat & chair downstairs.  So, I think these pillows will get moved around alot, as I like them in both rooms!
I just love the pretty pink floral fabric!  Patty used two different fabrics on each side, so I got two looks for the price of one!  Brilliant, Patty!  And I love the ruffles!


Here is the other pillow.  What I love is that while they match, they are not "matchy-matchy"!  The ruffle on this one is a bit different, and the fabric on the flip side is just a bit different than on the other pillow.

She added a cute little double ruffle on the flip side.  How sweet is that?!

I love wicker, and I love blue & white.  The only thing that could make it better would be the addition of pretty floral ruffly pillows!  Patty was super sweet & great to work with.  We really enjoyed "talking" about our shared love of all things French.  She sent my pillows out right away, and even included a gift of a wonderful smelling sachet, filled with French lavender!

The other fun things that I purchased on Etsy a few weeks ago were these great passport covers. I first saw them on Wendy's blog.  I am a follower of Wendy, and I encouraged her to start selling them in her Etsy shop.  Well, Wendy doesn't waste any time!  She promptly made me these two great covers, and I can't wait to use them!  I was always so afraid that I would lose our passports in the dark depths of my purse!  The fabrics are gorgeous, and Wendy is the nicest, sweetest and most fun person to work with!  She sent them to me super quick, and with a sweet note, too!

So, hop on over to Etsy if you get a chance, and check out all of the wonderful, creative treasures there!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay!! Thank you so much!! :) Your passports with your French stamps look just wonderful in them!! :)

And your pillows are absolutely gorgeous! :) So jealous you got some French lavender!! :) I found some lavender in the garden behind my residence hall...but it just isn't as strong as the lavender in France haha! :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Those pillows are really pretty! They looks great on your wicker chair. I think the passport covers are a great idea and love the fabric she used. I'm a sucker for some paisley!

Karen said...

Oh, I LOVE those pillows! The fabrics are gorgeous and I like the ruffles. Enjoy the lavender!

Nice passport covers!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty pillows. I am going to check out her shop.

hugs
Sissie

Donna said...

We ALL love the pillows...me too!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Thanks for sharing these fun shops! I LOVE shopping on etsy!

kate said...

Love the material the pillows are made out of!
I looked at your etsy shop, you have some great items!!

Debbie said...

Hi Donna...your pillows are perfect. I absolutely love the patterns and colors. Soooo pretty. The double ruffle is a cute idea.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Debbie said...

yikes...forgot something...you have an award at my blog...come over and see.
Hugs,
Debbie@houseatthelake