Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Come Fly with me!

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend.
No, I'm not a pilot, but my hubby is!  Today was such a nice day, and we were both off, so we went flying!  I picked my mom up, then met hubby at the small airport near our home where he keeps his plane.  We went to a cute small Victorian town west of here, were there are some really neat shops.  We took my mom to lunch as a little extra Mother's Day gift. The restaurant picked us up, then dropped us off when we were through with the most important part, shopping!    The top photo is of the runway (it's a grass strip) right after take off.  And this is me & hubby & his plane after we landed!  There are a bunch of really nice shops in town, and some nice antique shops as well.

Isn't this little yellow chair in an antique shop window cute? 

And check out the window displays of our favorite shop!  I love the white painted furniture!  Let's look inside!
 



Lots  of eye candy here!  Love this sweet painted dresser!  and look at the wire frame of an old lamp being used as a display rack.  How neat is that?!  I love this chandelier in a neat antique shop we went in!  This beautiful display of blue glass was in the same shop.  I love blue!  And I really love this bright blue shutter and pots in another gift shop.  What a great idea!  The lamp below was at the restaurant.  I think it originally might have been gas.
The view on our way home!  Lots of pretty lakes.  We had a great day, & my mom really enjoyed herself. I think it's pretty neat that an 83 year old lady is willing to fly in a small plane, and doesn't even get scared!  I know people half her age that would never set foot on a small plane!

5 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Looks like you had a great day Donna with your mom and hubby. The town seems to have some great shops. Lots of pretty stuff! Thanks for taking us along :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi...thanks for stopping by! Love the photos ~ gave me a bit of booth envy! The hutch and handpainted bureau are my favorites! So happy I stopped by!

Unknown said...

What a great day! Wished I could visit that shop...bit far for me to travel however pretty it is!!!
Thanks for your lovely comment I wish I was more of a naturally organised person but alas I've only done it now that I've had to!!!!
Annie x

Samantha2818 said...

Wow - how cool is it that your husband has his own plane? I have a love hate relationship with flying - love the fact that I can see so much etc and hate the fact that I don't understand how the plane can stay in the air. Ask your mother to pass on some tips for being fearless to me please! The town you went to looks lovely.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment!
~Sam

Karen said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip especially since the day was so pretty. So glad Mom went with you! The shops look wonderful!