Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Vintage Linens

I just love vintage linens, don't you?  I have quite a collection that I have gathered over the years.  Most of them came from yard & garage sales for next to nothing, and my Mom also gave me some really pretty ones, too.  I thought I would share a few of them with you today.  Isn't the runner above gorgeous?  I just love it!  Here is a closer look at some of the detail.  The trim around the edges looks like tatting.   I really love this pretty tablecloth, featuring my favorite flower, violets!  Not all of my linens are in perfect condition.  Some of them might have a spot here or there that I could never get out, or a little tear here or there. I still love them anyway, and figure that I can always hide their flaws with a vase or something!
Check out the pretty trim on this peach bark cloth runner!  And the sweet sunbonnet Sue! And I do love my vintage hankies.  Can you tell that I like blue & white?  I especially love vintage embroidered pillowcases.  You just don't see this kind of workmanship anymore!  This one has some really pretty crocheted trim on the edges.  I really love using them, rather than just keeping them packed away in a drawer!  The last piece is a tablecloth from Germany, and is in near perfect condition.  I didn't show you more of it because it was really wrinkly, and I was all ironed out!

That's it for today!  Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful pieces. I should share some of mine too. The workmanship is so gorgeous. I am so glad that you are appreciating all that hard work.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
You better believe I love vintage linens, especially linens with monograms.....I just have to have them.
I'm so glad you visited my blog today and left a nice message. Now I know about you and will be following you.
I like your blog very much and we have lots in common.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! I passed on some vintage napkins at a yard sale this weekend- your pictures are making me regret that decision! Guess I'll have to keep an eye out next time!
-Arielle