Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Brucshetta

Hello, hope you are having a good day!  I thought I would share with you one of my favorite appetizer recipes.  It is so yummy, and a real hit whenever I serve it to company.  I got the recipe on a package of feta cheese, and made it alot last summer! Of course, you can make it any time of the year, but the recipe calls for grilling the bread  (here in Michigan you definitely don't want to be outdoors grilling in the winter!). You can also toast the bread under the broiler, but I prefer to use the grill.  One more reason that I make it alot in the summer is because I love adding in some fresh herbs that I grow, even though the recipe doesn't call for it.

I made it last night to go with our dinner.  Sorry for the blurry picture!  At any rate, be sure to give this a try, and it might become one of your favorites!

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta

1 cup drained and chopped roasted red peppers (I usually get mine from Trader Joe's)
2 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped green onions (tops included)
6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
French or sourdough bread, cut in 1/2" thick slices (I always use sourdough)
optional:  fresh chopped chives, or my favorite: fresh basil, cut in a chiffonade 

1.  Mix peppers, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, onions, cheese & fresh herbs in a bowl & set aside.

2.  Lightly brush or drizzle olive oil on each side of bread, and grill over low heat, turning once, til lightly toasted.  Or, place on baking sheet and broil, turning once.  Be careful that you don't burn the bread!  Been there, done that!

3.  Top each slice of toasted bread with pepper & feta mixture & enjoy!

That's it!  Do you have a favorite appetizer?  Let me know if you try this one out!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Looks delicious!!!!!