Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Paris Market in Savannah


One of my favorite shops in Savannah is the "Paris Market", a really neat store with creative, fun and unusual vignettes.  So I could hardly wait to visit again on this trip!
Care to join me for a mini tour?
Look closely at the photo below.  Those are faux donuts and pastries that are seemingly floating mid air!
 And an even closer look reveals that all of the fancy French desserts are of the calorie free kind!
Yep, they are all just for show and faux!
I am in love with the gorgeous aqua trim on the building!
So many treasures, where should we start?
 The large table, below, was a feast for the eyes!
 I just love the authentic zinc Paris bistro chairs!
 Drooling over all of the gorgeous blingy chandeliers!
 The shop has some really neat light fixtures, many with the Edison style filament light bulbs that I am crazy about.
 Neat large Eiffel Tower bricks.  At $150 each, I think I will have to pass, though!
 I'm not a fan of the deer heads, but loved everything else in this room!
 Gorgeous hotel silver creamers.
 This is moi!  Loving the giant basket to my right.
In a few days I'll share more photos of our adventures down here, including some of Savannah's  many gorgeous old mansions.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

13 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Very nice tour. The chandeliers - since we are friends I will let you have them. (o:

Happy Weekend.

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Donna, WOW can't believe I'm first here today. I knew you were posting and didn't wait for the always late follow by email to arrive. LOL

Love this shop and those floating desserts are too fun. I too love the zinc chairs and the chandies are incredible. The light bulbs are a favorite too along with those awesome bricks.
What fun you had here and how cute you are sitting by the basket.
Have a great day and fun weekend.
Enjoy the break in the winter weather too.
Hugs,
CM

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing! I have not been to Savannah in years! Looking forward to seeing more!

Tete said...

Good morning! I am loving it all but the deer heads. $150 for a brick? NO way. They are cute and I think something you might try to do in a faux material when you get home. They are super cute.
I love the chairs and that big basket, too. I love the brick floors and shabby white brick walls. I hope you brought home some of the creamers.
We are having to type in words now to verify we are not robots on your blog.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love this shop...those bricks are special but the price is pretty high for a brick!
I love, love the hanging lights very neat!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What an amazing store! Love that table and the bistro chairs! Thanks for taking us on a tour.

Linda

Susie said...

Donna, You look so cute sitting there...proud of you girl. I loved the bricks but could not believe the price !! There were plenty of thing I would like to own from there. Hope you and your sweetie are having a great fun time. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Bente said...

Hi Donna. This place looks so great. What a nice trip you have. Love to see your photos.
Have a wonderful weekend

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

I love this store! When we were in Savannah on vacation I stopped into this store on a daily basis and just sat and soaked it all in. They did sell on a website I need to check it out if they still do.

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh- WHAT a shop, Donna. I love it! And look at YOU! You look fabulous. I can tell that you lost quite a bit of weight. You look great -but looked just as beautiful before, too! Enjoy your stay..and brush your teeth and you know what I mean! xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

So many beautiful things! I can see why this store is one of your favorites. Thank you for taking us along on your southern adventures!!

Debbie said...

So, did you purchase anything???
I don't think I'd get out the door without spending a bundle! What an awesome place!
You look fabulous, Donna! LOVE the photo of you sitting on the chair!
So glad we get to share in your adventures.
Smooches.
Debbie
xo

Forever Engaged said...

That looked liked an adventure in one building!