Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Fluffy Puppy


After a shampoo and blow dry, look who is looking nice and fluffy!
 But, Katie's cute look didn't last for long!  Not after a walk, a trip to the green house, and rolling around in the dirt!
 But that is life when you are a little puppy with snowy white fur!
 Trying oh so hard to be good!
(looks can be so deceiving!!)
 On a different note, thought you might want to see the latest chalkboard that I made for my shop.
I love it's clean lines and simplicity!
 I had originally painted the frame a glossy teal, but just wasn't happy with it.
 Creamy, dreamy white is so much better, I think.
Hope you all have a great week!

13 comments:

Trisha said...

She is such a little sweetie! Love how your chalkboard turned out...when all else fails, use white!!

~Trisha

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, My goodness those eyes of Katie's just melt the heart.She is precious and stays so nice for the camera. She really is a little blessing for you.

Love your chalkboard. The frame is so pretty in white with the contrast of the blackboard. You know how I love this look of black and white.

Have a great evening. Puppy hugs to Katie.
XO Celestina Marie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

She is just to darn adorable! I want to pick her up and snuggle with her.
She looks so happy and I am sure there is a small on your face too!

pembrokeshire lass said...

What a gorgeous pup, Donna. Butter wouldn't melt look!! I'm sure you are going to have a lot of fun!! Joan

Bente said...

Hi Donna. Katie is so very cute. She is melting everyones heart.

The chalkboard looks very pretty. Love it.

Have a great day.

Musings from Kim K. said...

My girls would just LOVE to snuggle with Katie. Oh, I continue to be so happy for you. She's precious.

The Bear's Blog said...

Oh Katie Bug, you are so precious. What looks can be deceiving?

Hugs ♥

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Katie is so CUTE! Wish I could hold her and give her sugar... Such a pretty little doggie. I'm sure she brings much happiness to you. As you can tell I LOVE dogs!
The chalkboard looks great - like the back and white.
Thanks for sharing Katie.
Mary

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Oh Katie IS a cutie...and I'll bet she CAN get into some mischief! Love the blackboard!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

She is so cute so I guess being 'mad' at her doesn't last long! She is a doll!! Love the framed chalkboard.

Linda

20 North Ora said...

That Katie is a little doll. She is so cute. Love your chalkboard.

Judy

Tete said...

Katie is just adorable. Bebe is white and he can find the worst things to roll in, so I understand the white dog thing. ;)
Just keep the baths coming!

john said...

Awwww ...kisses to such a sweetie ! Gail x