Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, October 19, 2012

New to My Shop: Scarves From Paris!

Bon Jour, Mon Amis!
When we visited Paris last month, I was sure to save room in my suitcase so that I could bring home lots of goodies!  I ended up purchasing quite a few scarves, which I am offering for sale here.  (I'm not able to sell them in my Etsy shop, as I didn't make them myself, which is why I am selling them here.)  French women seem to possess an effortless sense of style, and always look oh so pulled together!  Parisians, both men and women, are crazy about scarves!  They are so popular no matter what the season or temperature, and the French always manage to tie them ever so fashionably!
So, without further ado, Natasha (my new dress form that I am so excited about!) will model them for you!
If you are interested in any of the scarves, you can email me at: theshabbychateau@yahoo.com

This first scarf is one of my favorites!  All cotton, the scarf is a pretty pale aqua, with white polka dots and  fringe on the ends.  It's huge!  Measures 40" x 70" (not including fringe). 
I can think of so many ways to wear this lovely scarf, including wearing it as a shawl!  Cost is $35
I couldn't resist this pretty crinkly blue scarf, either!  The background color is more of a slate blue, and it has a sweet all over pink, blue, and taupe floral print. Measures 18" x 60".  No tag, but it appears to be a rayon/poly type blend. Cost is $18
This crinkly floral scarf also caught my eye! 
The background is white, and it has the prettiest lavender/plum flowers with green leaves and taupe flowers as well.  Measures 16" x 60". Again, no tag, so I believe it is a rayon or poly. $18
Lots of ways to tie this beauty, too!
This next scarf is so neat, I've never seen one quite like it!  The sweet woman who I bought it from (at an outdoor market, which is where I purchased most of these scarves from), spent alot of time showing me just how to wear it!
It is three layers and triangular shaped, the bottom being a lovely coral/red check on a creamy background.  The second layer is a gorgeous lacy taupe with beautiful floral "fringe", and the top layer is a pretty coral/red floral print on a creamy taupe background.  The scarf is edged in pretty creamy taupe floral trim, and for fun there is a silver tone star charm hanging from the bottom tier, and a cute little silver star hanging from the top layer.
This scarf is so versatile!  The first two views show how the French woman showed me how to wear it.  The second two views I've flipped it around to the back side.  It is even prettier in person than the photos!
Measures 17" x 69".  Viscose. $28
This next scarf below is huge!  It's crinkly, all cotton, and has a gorgeous all over print of blue and light blue large flowers, with green leaves, on a dark blue backgound.
It's so large, you could wear it like a shall like I've show here, or come up with lots of clever ways to tie it!
Has a pretty fringe on both ends.   Measures 38" x 68" (not including fringe).  $35

Ok, this last scarf is really pretty too, and made of the softest 100% silk.  It actually was made from an Indian silk sari (love that idea!). 
It is a gorgeous burnt orange background, with a beautiful all over leafy/swirly vine print in aqua blue, purple, bright pink, green, & orange.  The colors are so vibrant!
Again, so many ways you could tie this beauty!  Measures 37" x 40".

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to purchase any of these scarves, you can email me at
theshabbychateau@yahoo.com  
Merci for visiting today! 

Linking up with Feathered Nest Friday

8 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
You have such a lovely collection of scarves. I have a closet full and just can't seem to stop buying them.

Don't know how you can part with them, but then again, I understand that we can't keep everything!

hugs
Sissie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How funny! I had on one of my scarves on today that I got in Paris at the flea market. I bought several, more the trench coat type. I love it so, olive, brown, marroon and gold. Where it with my olive cordory jacket, makes me feel chic.
well until later....
ann

Renee said...

These are so cool. I still have a scarf that I purchased 26 years ago in Paris...lime green and black. I love the gingham, lace...well, the very different one and trying to think if I would wear it. I kind of want it.

Okio B Designs said...

Oooh la la! So very pretty and so many possibilities for wearing them!

Jeanine

Little Miss Maggie said...

These scarves are beautiful. I bet they go fast, Donna. It's the perfect time of year for them too.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'd love to buy a scarf for Emma for Christmas. As much as I'd love to surprise her, my teen is very particular. I'm going to share this post with her and I'll contact you, Donna.

john said...

Your new dress form is gorgeous !! and the first scarf is my favourite ! a girl can't have too many scarves now can she ? have a nice week...Gail x

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Gorgeous scarves! I love how you tied them all in different and pretty ways, and I love the last one in particular. I enjoy wearing scarves, so now that it's getting cooler I'll be able to do so once again!