Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Bubble Wrap Christmas Trees

Hello, hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!  It was so great to go back home for a few days, and visit with family and friends.  We didn't even have any trouble with our flights at the airport, like I had feared, yeah!  
Today I wanted to share with you a few Christmas ideas, that I actually posted last December.  I know many of you are already ahead of the Christmas decorating game.  But since I am just now hauling out boxes of decorations and really don't have anything new to show you yet, thought you might like these ideas from last year!

 Can you guess what these trees are made of?  Ok, I totally gave it away in the title of my post: bubble wrap!  Hubby and I visited Quebec City for the past two Christmases.  The city is truly a fantasy land, and the next best thing to taking a trip a quaint French village, minus the long flight and expense!  Well, since we live on the west coast this year, we will not be visiting again this holiday (there's always next year!).  Anyway, when I saw these trees there last year, I was totally amazed!  I wish that you could have seen them at night, all lit up with clear lights, and a fresh dusting of snow. The effect was just magical!  I thought the idea was pure genius, one that not only would be repurposing and recycling something that you may already have on hand, but wouldn't cost a small fortune, either.
 The trees were made using large bubble wrap, but I think smaller bubbles would work just as well.   What a fun idea, don't you think?!
 I'm not sure what the proper name is for the material used for these trees, and the flowers below.  I believe that it's the silver insulation stuff that electricians used.  Or else it's just more packaging material, not sure.  Anyway, I thought it would be so easy to recreate this look, and I bet you would be the only one on your block with the floral lit garland!!!  All you would have to do is cut out some large flowers, add a small slit to their centers, and stick in a Christmas light in each one.  How fun and unique!
Ok, hope these ideas have gotten your creative juices flowing!  Now I need to get busy and start doing some decorating myself!  Have a great week!

12 comments:

Trisha said...

Those are all fantastic ideas! I am glad you had a lovely trip home for Thanksgiving!

~Trisha

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Loving the Christmas tree ideas.

Musings from Kim K. said...

How wonderful that your travels were easy. I remember these bubble wrap trees from last year. Gorgeous and brilliant.

Myric said...

Christmas Tree made of bubble wraps? That's just clever! Glad to hear you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

Till next post my sweet friend :)

xoxo
Myric

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

amazing trees! love your new header for Christmas.
Glad you had such a great visit at home.

john said...

Hello, glad you had a good trip ! well those trees are amazing !! what a good idea...groovy in fact..haha..Hope you have a nice week ! Gail x

Okio B Designs said...

Bubble wrap? Now that's what I call creative! ;)

Jeanine

BECKY said...

Love those small bubble wrap trees! Who would have thunk it??? I bet they were stunning at night!

Thanks for sharing, Donna! Hope you're having a great week so far!!
Hugs,
Becky

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, they're adorable, Donna! And I love your header too!!!
XO
Cindy

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing these fun and whimsical decorations. Great inspiration!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

So pretty! Thank you for the inspiration Donna. I hope you have fun hauling out the boxes and such. Merry decorating!
- Susan

Unknown said...

wow, these are gorgeous. And I love the photo in your header!! Is it from being back home?
Have a wonderful time.
xo
lynn