Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

French Blooms

Bon Jour, Ladies!
Hope you all are having a great day!  For those of you who were hit by that snow storm over the weekend, I hope you are staying warm and safe! It's hard to think of snow this time of year!
Today I thought I'd share with you some of my latest flowery creations.
I've been having fun searching for picture frames that I can transform.  Several months ago, I picked up some beautiful decorative paper with an all over lavender flower pattern.  I didn't know what I'd do with it at the time, but I knew that eventually inspiration would hit (and something tells me that same thing happens to you creative ladies, too!).

 Anyway, I painted three different shaped frames Heirloom White, then added the lavender paper, along with gorgeous French labels from the Graphics Fairy, to two of the frames.  I thought the paper was so pretty by itself, that I just used it solo in the smallest frame.  The label above is one of my very favorites!
 Isn't this copy of a vintage lavender print just beautiful?  I simply mounted it atop the lavender printed paper.
 I'm so happy with the way they turned out!
 Another fun project was added a label (courtesy of the Graphics Fairy, of course!) to this giant galvanized flower bucket.  I adore the French rose perfume label, and thought it would be perfect added to the bucket.

 I love the wooden handles.
As much as I love it, I've added it, along with my lavender framed prints, to my Etsy shop.
 I also added this pretty vintage pedestal bowl too.  I painted it cream, followed by some distressing and antique glazing.  This Graphics Fairy French soap label is another one of my favorites!  Don't you just love those jasmine flowers?
 I wish that I'd remembered to take a before shot of this lovely.  It was pretty sad looking, with a very shiny varnish over the wood, which was stained a very icky color.  Ugg!!!
 One of my trademarks is adding vintage sheet music to the inside of the pedestal bowl.  This sheet music just happened to be both in French and in English, so was quite appropriate for this project, I think!
You can find them all in my Etsy shop, if you care to take a look!
Now go and find something that you can transform!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

love..love..love them all! sigh...

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You always do the most lovely projects, Donna...beautiful!

NanaDiana said...

Those are beautiful, Donna. You have such a nice eye for putting things together! Perfect! xo Diana

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

amazing things you come up with!

Myric said...

Beautiful! I love lavenders and that Grasse print! My favorite place to buy perfumes!

xoxo
Myric

john said...

just beautiful Donna...I love the sheet music too !
Gail x

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

These are all so cute, Donna. Love the musical touch. They should go quickly.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Donna, How gorgeous and I adore the colors--Ohh-la-la!!! You are the queen of repurposing with panache!!!
Happy Halloween!!
XO
Cindy

Debbie said...

LOVE the lavender background paper you used in the frames, Donna! You sure know how to "pretty" things up.
The pedestal turned out way too cute too!
Hugs.