Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Campers!

We are leaving tomorrow for up north to go on a short little camping trip, at one of our favorite Michigan State Parks.  The campground is right on Lake Huron, and the most coveted sites are right on the water, and get filled up months in advance!  Well, usually we aren't that great at planning our trips ahead, but this time we (as in "I" ) were!  I booked a site months ago, and got the very last available site on the water!  Yeah!  The above picture is when we stayed at a different campground two years ago.  It cracks me up! As you can see, we have lots of fun!

Four years ago, we bought a gently used motor home, and we just love it!  Now, it's nothing fancy by any means, but we really enjoy it!  We've taken it on several trips to the Southern states, out East, and as far away as Nova Scotia.  And of course plenty of trips in Northern Michigan every summer.  Here it is in our driveway getting all set to go!

One of the reasons that I am especially excited about this trip, is that we are going to be there during the city wide garage sales in town!  Yeah!  Last summer when we were up there, we had no idea the sales were happening, and we had a blast riding our bikes around town, going from sale to sale!  Hubby pulls a little tented cart thingy behind his bike (sorry, can't thnk of the offical name right now other than "thingy"!).  You know, the kind that little kids ride in.  Except we put our dog in it!!  You should see the look on people's faces when they see that it's not a small child in the cart, but a dog!!  Any way, we had so much fun last year loading up the cart with our loot!  It's just a tiny little town, but just about everyone particpated in the sale last year, so I hope to find more good sales this year.  And the prices seemed a bit lower than down here, too, which is always a plus.

Unfortunately, we have to return Saturday night, as both hubby & I have to work on Sunday.  I hope to post photos of all my stash Sunday, so that I can participate in Debbie Doos fun Garage Salen Partay!

Have a great week!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you're set to go! I love your pictures! Have a great time.

Later, Karen

kimmykats said...

Oh how fun! I have tried to convince my hubby we need to go camping...no luck yet but I keep trying. My BIL is from Nova Scotia so I have had the pleasure of visiting there too! Enjoy the sales and happing bike saleing!!!

Wendy said...

Have a great time and I hope you find lots of awesome finds!! Can't wait to see them :)
Camping is the best! Means summer is here!!

Herbgirl said...

How fun to have a camping coach! When I was a kid my family went camping all the time and now I am lucky to get hubby to go tent camping once a year. Boy could I ever fill that coach up with yard sale finds. Also love the mirror transformation in your previous post!
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love the idea of you biking with your dog! Sounds like the best kind of fun!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Donna, What Fun! Every summer I toss around the idea of a motor home... I think it would be the best way to travel... hands on! A city wide garage sale sounds awesome! Happy hunting!!
Bella

Decor To Adore said...

I love that first photo!

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you are going to have so much fun! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog. By the way, the mirror below is FABULOUS! So gorgeous! Have a great weekend.