Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Looking Back

If you are anything like me, once the holidays are over, I get a major urge to clean, organize and purge!  I can hardly wait to tackle organizing projects (well, I am not looking forward to tackling my craft room, to be honest!!), and I have been busy filling bags and boxes full of items to donate.  While I am so ready for "out with the old", I thought I would take a moment though to look back at some of my favorite projects this past year.

 Paint and some pretty wooden appliques rescued a formerly seriously dated and ugly clock.
 Don't you just love this cheery shade of aqua?!   And in place of the really icky faux stained glass insert (see below for the "before" shot), I added a cute little chalkboard.
 I sold this in my Etsy shop, and I would love to find more to transform!
There wasn't much to love about the "before"!

And while we are on the subject of clocks, one of my all time favorite projects is my jewelry organizer, that I made from an old clock that belonged to my parents.
 Paint, some pretty blue and white toile fabric, and more of my favorite wooden appliques turned a once "blah" clock into a pretty and functional piece!
 A bunch of cup hooks make it oh so easy to find what I am looking for!
And this is what she used to look like!
 And last but not least, one of my absolute favorite transformations!  What used to be a really ugly piece of cracked and unlevel concrete becomes a beautiful and relaxing spot in our yard!
 You will have to check out the last photo to fully appreciate just how far this area has come!
 This was my first attempt at faux painting, and I am just thrilled with the results!  While it was quite a bit of work, it was alot of fun, too!  Paint and concrete stain turned this ugly duckling into an area that we actually want to spend time in!
See, I told you it was pretty nasty looking!  Hubby gave it a good power washing, then leveled it up and repaired that giant crack!
Here's one more look!

 


That's it for today!  I'll share a few more of my favorite projects thru out the remainder of the week.  Have a great day!

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Donna-I don't think I was a follower yet when you did your patio makeover. That is phenomenal...when I first looked I didn't realize that it was faux stones! GREAT JOB!

I do remember the clock transformations. And..I love that jewlery holder-what a great idea...and a good re-purpose of an item that you didn't really want to get rid of because it was your parents.

Hope your Tuesday is wonderful. Diana

Leo said...

Wow - Donna - Love the patio makeover. It is so beautiful. I can't wait to see photos of your outdoor area when spring comes. You have so much yard to work with.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOVE your trash to treasure projects, Donna! The patio turned out amazing~ you two sure did a fabulous job on that! Looking forward to seeing more!

Kaybe said...

You have such an eye for seeing what things can be.

Happy New Year,

Karen

Tete said...

The makeover came out great! Love looking back over the year- amazing how much changes in just a years time! Doing posts about it all week on mine!
Hugs- Tete

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such an inspirational post. I love seeing all your past projects. I might have to borrow this idea for an upcoming blog entry. I understand wanting to purge and organize. I need to Chris to take the girls away so that I can make a toy donation run. Happy almost New Year!

Trisha said...

Love the idea of turning the clock into a jewelry organizer. I found a clock just like that at a yard sale for 50 cents and just might have to repurpose it! Thanks for the inspiration!!

~Trisha

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Girl, you are so clever. I would have never thought of taking an old clock and creating such lovely pieces.
I also love your patio. A great transformation.

Love your new blog header too. Perfect.

hugs
Sissie

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Donna, it all looks gorgeous!!! And what a beautiful patio...wow!
I love all your transformations--they're amazing!!!
XO

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Wow! I can't believe what a transformation of the patio! You are so creative and it is just amazing how you can turn things into works of art. I keep going back to that patio... fabulous!!!
I also love your new header.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you shared these pics with us, Donna, because I hadn't seen them yet... haven't been blogging for a whole year just yet. These were some great transformations! That patio area turned out beautiful!
I wish you and your family a happy New Year!! :)

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Wow to that patio! That is amazing although I imagine it must have taken you forever! I have never seen anything like it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog....

Take care,
Lisa

Fishtail Cottage said...

Thanks to Kristin at "My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia" my first ever link party for Cottage Flora Thursday's is up & running! Inviting you to come over & link a cottage garden post you may have & please advertise "Cottage Flora Thursday's" on your post that you link!! & don't forget to become a follower of my blog !!!