Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Vignettes

Hello Ladies, how has your day been?  I imagine that everyone is busy getting ready for Christmas.  I still need to wrap gifts, and can you believe that I've not even sent out any Christmas cards yet?  I don't think I'll do many of those this year, it's just not my favorite thing to do!

Today I wanted to share with you a few vignettes that I have in our bedroom.
You may have already seen this gorgeous bust.  I bought it at a yard sale this summer for just 50 cents!  Love!
And I found the silver tray a week or so ago at the Salvation Army for only $2.  I really love the patina that it's developing.

This cute little Santa came from a garage sale a few years ago for next to nothing.  I love blue, so he just had to come home with me!!
 My toile trays, toile tin bucket, some greenery (both real and faux) complete the look.

This pretty cream iron picture frame was also a garage sale find.  I placed a vintage postcard, as well as a glittered Parisian postcard on display.
What could be cuter than vintage bronze baby shoes?  I added some bling with the addition of a vintage crystal bracelet and earring, as well as a vintage rhinestone pin and some fresh greenery.
Doesn't everything look better on a pedestal?  Atop a pretty pressed glass cake stand sits my nativity scene.
I think their faces are so cute!
Here's one more look!
Tomorrow I'll share some more Christmas decor as well.  Have a great night!

11 comments:

mizdarlin said...

I love screens and frames..so versatile!
Your cream iron frame is gorgous..and i love your boudoir vignette as well..nice~

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh course I LOVE everything here but I'm going to HAVE to pick a favorite and it's a tie between the little blue Santa and the baby shoes!!! LOVED them!!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Hugs, Donna

Christine said...

I absolutely heart the frames! Love love love that! So pretty...

Donna said...

BEE-U-TI-FUL!!! OK, now let's go back to Quebec!!!

Kerrie said...

I love everything, how sweet! When we were kids, my Mom had a lamp base quite similar to the bust. We always called it the Little Boy Lamp. I think my brother has it and it has survived more than 70 years! Thanks for your visit and comment on the Craft Blog. The wreath was so much fun to make, can't wait to do another!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your vignettes are so pretty. I can't wait to see more. I can't believe the countdown to Christmas is in full swing. I'm NOT ready!!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

SO pretty, Donna! I love the bust and silver tray and the lovely blue toile...lovely!

Leo said...

Donna - I LOVE the toile bucket. Did you make that? It is so pretty...and different. And I agree - everything looks better on pedestals. Such pretty displays.

Scrappy Girl said...

Donna,
Please email me at girl.scrappy@yahoo.com so I can email you back my address. I couldn't access your email from your profile and I didn't see it anywhere else on your blog.
Scrappy Girl

NanaDiana said...

Donna- What a sweet post. I love that little blue Santa...and the nativity set is darling. It looks like it is an old one...40's or 50's maybe? It has those dear little faces. Hugs- Diana

Emreen said...

Love the cute little angels... !! The arrangement on the silver tray looks beautiful !!