Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jeanne d'Arc Inspired Arrangement

Bon Jour Mon Amis!
I hope that you are staying warm and cozy today!  We have a fire going here at the Chateau, it is brrrrrr cold outside!!
Today I wanted to share with you a simple arrangement that I put together.  I have been pouring over the pages of Jeanne d"Arc Living magazine, that my friend Debbie at Love of the Sea sent to me.  The magazine (a book, really) is studded with page after page of gorgeous rooms, and tons of inspiration.  While I didn't draw this arrangement directly from its' pages, I think if it as being "Jeanne inspired"!
My mom gave me this gorgeous glittery angel last week.  Isn't she beautiful?  She is actually an ornament, but I thought it would be fun to use her in an arrangement.


I just love her!  She is even prettier in person than in the photos.

I began with a vintage milk glass bowl, that has the prettiest bubble pattern.
 I then added a bunch of greenery, both real and faux, and some spray painted and glittered (of couse!) pinecones as well as a few faux berries.


Simple, yet so pretty I think.   I really love the "icy" greenery!



And here is one last look!



 Have a great day, 11 more days 'til Christmas!!
I've linked up today's post with Faded Charm for the wonderful White Wednesday party!

18 comments:

Mi Pequeño Atelier said...

HELLO! I LIKE YOUR GLITTER ANGEL, BUT I LIKE MUCH THE ARRANGEMENT.
IT LOOKS GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL!
I´M COUNTING THE DAYS FOR CHRISTMAS TOO,
HUGS,
CARLA

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE the "Sparkle" of silver&white!!! SO Beautiful and thank you for sharing with us...
Hugs to you, Donna

Musings from Kim K. said...

You and I are definitely kindred spirits with the glitter obsession. What a beautiful arrangement.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Just the right amount of sparkle and white!
Merry Christmas!
:)

Blessed Serendipity said...

Pretty!

NanaDiana said...

Donna-That looks fantastic....very Joan de Arc-ish if I do say so myself! I love the glittery angel your Mom gave you. Would she be considering adopting another daughter anytime soon? Hugs- Diana

Tete said...

ARGH! I need therapy!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous, my friend! The vintage bowl is perfect.
We have been up to 85 degrees out here-crazy. Tomorrow it's supposed to drop 20 degrees.
Stay warm!
xo
lynn

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love the icy greenery, too, Donna! Such a lovely arrangement!

time worn interiors said...

Angels shine from on high! She is lovely!
Theresa
aka:tot

Kelly said...

Glittery perfection! I just love the little angel.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jeanne d'Arc Living... it IS so inspiring, isn't it?! I also LOVE your arrangement, Donna! It turned out beautiful!
Merry, merry Christmas and happy New Year!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Unknown said...

Hi Beautiful !
This is gorgeous !

Your Email is not working....trying to send you the winner's address.
I have shabbychateau@yahoo.com
It says that it failed permanently.
Could you give me another email ?
isafrenchy@gmail.com
Thanks !
Frenchy

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Donna,

What a pretty post! I'm visiting for White Wednesday.

Have a wonderful Christmas,
Stephanie ♥

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Donna,
This is absolutely exquisite--wow!!! I LOVE it!!!
XO

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

She is Lovely Donna!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Hugs
Jill

Erin said...

That is beautiful Donna!

peggy gatto said...

I have enjoyed all the latest magical posts!!!
You made my holiday merrier with your photos, thank you!