Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Creamy, Dreamy Lace and Ribbon Garland

I had so much fun making the pink fabric garland that I shared with you earlier this week, I just couldn't wait to create another one!
For this garland, I wanted something that was all about the lace and ribbons. Something that was totally dreamy and romantic!
 Made from gorgeous cream lacy fabric, ribbons, and pretty lace ribbon, I am thrilled with the way it turned out!  I just finished my little "photo shoot" out in the yard, and was so thankful for some much needed sunshine!
This is one big garland, which I've hand tied "streamers" that I cut by hand from beautiful lace fabric.  I also added in some pretty wide lacy ruffles, and am loving the contrast they give.

 The piece de la resistance is this pretty fabric and lace flower, also made by moi.
I tied the flower on the garland, so it can be removed and enjoyed separately, or re positioned on the garland.
 The sun streaming thru the lace and sheer ribbon was just magical!
 I made this for my Etsy shop (I'll be putting it in there tonight), but you can be sure that I'm going to create one of these beauties just for myself!
 I think it would add a fun and oh so feminine and romantic touch to my craft room.
 I can imagine this lacy confection as a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos, for a pretty and one of a kind accent in a little girls room, or hung outside as a festive touch at garden parties.
 I think I'll also be creating more of these flowers, maybe to use as pretty lapel pins.

 It is even prettier in person, if I do say so myself!

 I had so much fun creating it!

13 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

WOW Donna, I love your lace garland. It turned out gorgeous and the sun shining through is beautiful. This would make a gorgeous window valance too.
I adore all the lace and the ruffled areas are a nice addition along with your pretty fabric rose.
This is going to fly out the door of your etsy shop.
Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your incredible talent my friend.
XO

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I loved the pink one but this one is even better. What a great window treatment that would make. Can't believe you haven't made a turquoise one yet.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Beautiful, Donna. Ann is right...you need to make a soft turquoise one, too! Great photos!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love this, it's so beautiful. I've made the shorter garlands but this one is sooooo pretty!!!

hugs
Sissie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love this, it's so beautiful. I've made the shorter garlands but this one is sooooo pretty!!!

hugs
Sissie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love this, it's so beautiful. I've made the shorter garlands but this one is sooooo pretty!!!

hugs
Sissie

Susie said...

Donna, That is so gorgeous. It looks so frilly and pretty. You are doing a fine job. xoxo,Susie

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice job. When the wind hits it, it looks like an angel flying away.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

OMG, it's beautiful and you did a terrific job on it. WOW WOW WOW.
I think it would look really good in a bedroom as a curtain or as a headboard for a bed. Some many wonderful things to do with it. And the flower is stunning also.
Great job Donna. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Mary

NanaDiana said...

Donna- That is GORGEOUS. You are right- I see a wedding with this fluttering in the breeze. It is a wonderful piece of work. AND you HAVE to make more of those roses. They are absolutely STUNNING! Happy creating. xo Diana

Japolina said...

So, So, So Pretty.

Stop by my blog this weekend. I'm giving away a free copy of New Beethoven Dog Movie. Just leave a comment! http://japolina.blogspot.com/2014/10/giveaway-free-blu-raydvd-of-beethovens.html

Mimi said...

Dreamy, dreamy, dreamy. Just lush. And did I say 'dreamy'. Gorgeous!...xxx

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, Donna!!! This is gorgeous!!! I LOVE it!!! It's so wispy, and romantic.
You really came up with a beauty with this!
Debbie
xo