Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bonjour From Paris!

Bonjour everyone!
Hubby and I just returned from Paris, our very favorite city in the world!  We spent 5 nights there, and had so much fun exploring the city, and also just relaxing.  We took so many pictures, I'll share some today and more over the next few posts.

I'll try and let the photos do most of the talking if I can!
We really lucked out with the weather.  It was in the mid 70's and even 78 degrees on our last day, sunny and no rain.  It was unusually warm for them this time of year. We were told that the previous week was cold and rainy, so we are glad we went when we did!
Below is our hotel, where we always stay when we visit.  The lower portion was recently painted gray, but it used to be bright red which we liked better.

 Look closely and you will see my hubby goofing off on our balcony!
We really loved sitting out there enjoying a glass of wine and a snack, or just people watching.
 Here is the view looking to the east from our room.
I miss it already!
 Below you will see Pont Alexander III, my very favorite bridge.

 That's me!
 We love visiting the beautiful old churches thru out the city.  When I say old, I mean hundreds of years old!  There is so much history it is amazing.  This is Sainte-Chapelle, dating from the 13th century.
 It's considered the most beautiful church in all of Paris. The stained glass windows are amazing!


 Wow!
 I always have to snap lots of pictures of flowers when in Paris.  There are tons of flower shops and markets all thru the city.
 I thought the little bouquets of pansies were so sweet!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you visit again soon, as I'll be sharing more photos in the coming days!
Au revoir!

10 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These photos just make me smile and remember my days in Paris! So lovely and so much history. Thanks for sharing your trip!!

Susie said...

Donna, I am so envious. LOL. I loved the hotel ,the balconies, all the bikes. Then to see those church windows, took my breath, honestly. Just amazing , so beautiful, to think about the work put into them. So glad you and your husband love to travel. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Oh Donna! I am so glad you got to go to Paris again. Lucky girl! What a grand old hotel and look at that view!!!! I bet it was hard to drag yourself off the streets and back to the airport. It is just beautiful...and the weather sounds like it was fantastic.

Thanks for sharing a bit of of it with us. Love you- xo Diana

Rose L said...

I remember seeing that church when I was there long ago. Beautiful!!! Enjoy!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, So glad you enjoyed your Paris trip and the weather was perfect. Love all your wonderful photos. The hotel is beautiful and your view was amazing. Love the church and the stained glass windows are stunning. The flowers are gorgeous and you captured the best photos. I know it was hard to say goodbye after such an incredible time. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more of your trip!! Hugs

cloches and lavender said...

Happy you had great weather. Your hubby looks cute on the balcony. The church is amazing. It must be stunning in person. Must be nice seeing fresh flower markets as you stroll.

Cindy

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Donna, so glad to see you back! I had missed your posts. Am I wrong or is that Montparnasse I see in the background? We always stay at Vaneau and Rue de Sevres area. Love it because it is a neighborhood,not far to the market, a wine shop, cheese shop and right by a metro stop. It's been so long...

Debbie said...

Hello dear Donna!! What wonderful photo's you've shared! You and John are so blessed to be able to go to Paris and stay like you do!! Love the pictures of the both of you...you guys look like you are enjoying yourselves....who wouldn't??!! lol
The weather here sure did change drastically, didn't it? That's okay, we had a wonderful Fall, which made up for the lousy summer weather.
Enjoy the rest of your week!!
Love to you.
Debbie
xxoo

Art Attackk said...

Jury vote eliminated Sites are sent to a minimum of 18 Design Jury members, the 3 scores furthest from the average will be automatically eliminated by our system. SOTD will then be sent to the Developer Jury to be evaluated following the Developer Guidelines, find more info here. Art Attackk

Aspeak said...

Thank you for such a great opportunity to write on here, I have been battling with herpes and diabetes all those while and that was the reason I have being around internet for awhile but I'm well and cured now by Dr Itua herbal medicine that I ordered through https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ and Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com a great herbal doctor, I'm so grateful to Dr Itua for his great herbal work. Dr Itua assure me that he can also cure all sort of disease with his herbal medicines like ALS,Herpes,Diabetes,Cancer,Arthritis and other diseases. I wish is anyone here sick wellness through Dr Itua herbal doctor.