Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Meet Natasha


Ever since I first spotted the wonderful mannequins that so many of you have, I longed to find one for myself!  Finally, I lucked out last week when I discovered this beauty at Home Goods!   
It was love at first sight!
I'm so excited!  Actually, the first one I found at Home Goods was black, with a white lacy overlay.  While I loved it, as soon as I spied Natasha, I knew that I just had to bring her home!  Yes, I named her Natasha!  I think it's a pretty fitting name, don't you?
She is keeping me company in my craft room!  I can hardly wait to use her in props for photos, decorate her for the holidays, and more!
Of course you know how I adore all things French, so I am really loving the advertisement for the Parisian dress shop!
She is a lovely oatmeal color, and is on a gray wooden stand. While I'm really not a gray person (I think I'll eventually paint the gray part my signature Heirloom White), it is kind of growing on me. Well, sort of!
Notice the angels in the antique frame, below?  Both are a new addition to my craft room, and I'll share more about them in a future post.


I think Natasha looks right at home!
I'm linking up with Becky at Timewashed for the first ever Blissfull Whites Wednesday!  Becky so gracefully has taken over the former White Wednesday party, that so many of us loved and dearly missed!  So I am super excited that she is carrying on one of my very favorite parties!!
Also joining Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday. Be sure to visit!

23 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hmm, she doesn't have a head, Miss Donna. Does Emily like her?

Hugs
Prudence

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

She's very pretty!

Trisha said...

She looks perfect in you craft room and will look even better once you fluff her up. Can't wait to see her all done up for the holidays!

~Trisha

Okio B Designs said...

Oh how I love dress forms! I can't believe my local Home Goods didn't have one!

Jeanine

concretenprimroses said...

Wow! So glad you found her.
I wish there was a home good nearby. (60miles)
I love that she's pretty. My sewing room is also my woman cave and I wouldl really like a pretty one.

Kathy

Musings from Kim K. said...

She was the perfect model for your lovely Parisian scarves.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

She is a BEAUTY!
xo, Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Unknown said...

She's a doll. I have this very one only she isn't as tall and she has a black stand...right now that is... LOVE her., Lynnie

BECKY said...

Hi Donna! I just love Natasha!! I bought my daughter one a while back, and really want to move her into my studio when I get it done! She might be ready to part with it by then!! Thanks so much for partying at Blissful Whites Wednesday, and for helping me get the word out! You're a sweetie!!

Hugs!
Becky

chateau chic said...

Your dress form is charming. I'm still on the lookout for one.
Mary Alice

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Natasha is beautiful. Great find!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh I just love Natasha and your beautiful angel wings Donna! They will keep you good company as you craft your heart away. Can't wait to see what Natasha wears over the seasons. :)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am sure Natasha is happy in her new home..and can not wait to see her fashions unfold as the holiday season begins!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Natasha is a beautiful addition to your room!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Welcome to Natasha...she is quite lovely!!

Donna Wilkes said...

I have been looking for a Wolfe dress form in a creamy beige. I am happy that you found your dream form. I know you will have lots of fun decorating Natasha. She just needs a Boris now!

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Ooohh, she's lovely!! I'll have to take a peek into our Home Goods store and see if they have one! Can't wait to see her dressed in her finery!!

xo,
Kathleen

Celestina Marie said...

Natasha is beautiful and looks right at home in your craft room. I found one very similar last year from Hobby Lobby. I did not the fabric it had so I painted over it with my favorite Honeysuckle bloom which is real close to Heirloom white you speak of. I dressed mine and she lives in my studio too.

Love your framed angel pair. They are beautiful with the finish you gave them. Nice to meet you and so enjoyed your post for Blissful Whites.

Happy Creating, Celestina Marie

Karen Valentine said...

She is truly lovely! I remember how excited I was when I found my first mannequin! So glad you found one too!!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Oh she IS pretty, Donna...I know you'll have a great time with her!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

A beautiful model form! I love the angels in your room as well. So nice to hear from you today--glad you liked the potato recipe. Yours with rosemary sounds really good!

john said...

I just love Natasha !!! and perfect with the French text ! love your angels too...so charming ! hope you have a nice weekend...
Gail x

Little Miss Maggie said...

Natasha is beautiful. I can see why you fell in love with her. Dress forms are a lot of fun. I have one I need to re-do because she is plastic, but I'm getting a lot of great ideas. Maybe the classic look of Natasha with a French boutique logo would be just right.