Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Apothecary Jar

Hi, hope you all are having a great week!
Today I thought I'd share with you one of my latest little projects, a fall inspired glass apothecary jar.
You may have seen my jar earlier this summer, that I filled with sand and sea shells.  I lucked out and found it this summer at a garage sale for a mere $7!  It's quite a bit larger in person than it appears in these photos.
Anyway, I'm having so much fun playing with it, and created a little autumnal vignette that was quick and easy to put together.

I began by filling it with moss, then added a real bird's nest that I found a few years ago, which I just had to glitter!  I also added a few pine cones that I collected on our trip thru Colorado this spring.  Some feathers, faux leaves, a cute little glittered faux pumpkin, and a tiny little bird's nest were added.

I love tarnished vintage silver, and thought this tray, a bargain thrift store find, was the perfect addition to my vignette. 
Oh, I also tucked inside a bunch of acorns that I collected (and glittered, of course!), and some faux berries and twigs.
I've never been big on "fall" colors, such as orange and gold, as they really don't go with our home.  Besides, they just aren't me!  So I'm really loving the warm but a bit subdued colors of my little creation.
It's sitting on our dining table, where we can enjoy it each day.
I'm already dreaming of how I'll be decorating the jar for Christmas!
Have a great week!
Sharing with Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

10 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

It's a perfect autumn under glass. :)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great vignette. Love that little nest.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Great collection from nature. I love the bird's nest.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Yes. That little nest is the sweetest touch to your jar. The possibilities are endless. Can't wait to see what you have in store at Christmas.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

love the style of the jar, looks great.....silver enhances everything!

Karen said...

Donna, this is so pretty! Yes, it won't be long before Christmas arrives.

Have a nice day.

Love, Karen

Okio B Designs said...

So many possibilities with it! Love your fall touches, and can't wait to see your Xmas touches!

Jeanine

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love the little nest...how lucky is that find!!! Sweet autumn touches...even better with glitter!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

This looks perfect for fall, Donna! I like your subdued autumn colors and of course your glitter is a pretty touch. What a terrific centerpiece! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Xmas. :)

john said...

BEAUTIFUL ..! Gail x