Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

French Fleurs!

Bon jour, Mon Amis!
How is your week going?  Hope that you aren't tired of seeing photos from our trip to France (I told you I snapped alot of pictures!)!  The French seem to have a love affair with flowers, and I had alot of fun taking pictures of so many gorgeous blooms on our trip!
Most of the photos below I took in Paris at some of the many street markets thru out the city.
 Aren't these sunflowers gorgeous?
Look at all the amazing flowers below!
 I can almost smell this lovely coral colored rose now:)
 So pretty, and very reasonably priced, too!
 More cheery sunflowers.  Love!

 Just look at this gorgeous hydrangea!  The colors were incredible!
 The flower shop below sold pretty bouquets in neat cellophane "vases".
 The French also seem to love galvanized pails as much as we do.  And chalkboards, too!
 The next shots I took in the Alsace region.  Just get a load of this house below!  The yard and the flower boxes were incredible!  Picture perfect!!
 I couldn't wait to snap a shot of this adorable shuttered window.  Notice the wooden clogs hanging from the shutters?  I thought that was the neatest ever! Wonder if it's supposed to bring good luck?

 And more amazing flowers in a neat old medieval walled village.
That's it for now.  Stay tuned in the next week or so as I'll be featuring some beautiful scarves that I purchased in Paris, that I'll be offering for sale here.
Have a great day!
Au Revoir!

7 comments:

Mantha said...

I just loved everthing about those pictures.Sunflowers-Beautiful :)

Blondie's Journal said...

The French really seem to love their flowers and flower boxes! They are gorgeous!

XO,
Jane

Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to show Emma this post over breakfast. She's been enjoying all your french trip pictures. Such beautiful flowers.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Hi Donna, I'm sorry I have been away for so long. I have really enjoyed looking at all of your photos from your wonderful trip! Especially all of these gorgeous flowers! Great to catch up with you!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

yes, my anniversary flowers always use to be ones bought at the flower market. We would have them in our room for the week. How I wished I could bring their beauty home with me!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh Donna, I can never get enough photos of Paris and France. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I'm am just swooning over all these flowers and the Paris streets in your previous post. Oooh la la!

ShabbyESP said...

Donna,
Beautiful pictures!!!! They are ALL so gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Thanks for stopping for a visit I really appreciate your sweet comment and your prayers :)
Suzann ~xoxo~