Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Paris Street Scenes

Bon Jour, Mon Amis!
Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Paris is so full of amazing monuments, cathedrals, gardens, and more, that it is easy to become overwhelmed by its' beauty (in a good way!).  So when we visit, I love to try and soak up as much as I possibly can, including all of the little details that could easily go unnoticed.
Hubby and I were walking in the St. Germain area, and came upon this adorable little cafe.  I just had to snap a photo of the pretty bistro chairs, and those super cool benches!  Doesn't get more French than that!

Speaking of cafes, just about every bistro, boulangerie, and restaurant all post their menus outside on large chalkboards (love, love, love!).  I especially loved the huge chalkboards at the cafe below.
I was super excited when I saw this chalkboard menu, as it really looks like something I would make!
This is a lunch menu, and for 15 Euros, you get your choice of one main dish, and one dessert.  Pretty much all of the cafes and restaurants thru out France have what they call "formulas", or "fixed price" menus, which is almost always cheaper than ordering ala carte.  The menu below is offering, among other things: duck with sauteed potatoes, grilled salmon with vegetables, chocolate mousse (I think!) with whipped cream, and crepes of the day.  Yum!
On just about every street you will find an amazing flower shop.  Note the little chalkboard markers in the pots?  Love!
The French take their cheese seriously!  Just look at all of the varieties here, at  street market we stopped at!
I loved this sweet window, below!  The red and white gingham scalloped curtains and pretty white shutters are oh so French!
Another pretty flower shop!
I took this photo of the bikes outside of our hotel.  You can rent these bikes all over the city, and return them at any location thru out Paris. Lots of people make good use of them. They even have headlights and tail lights!  Rental for the first 1/2 hour is free!
A simple little cafe.  I thought the tables & chairs were so cute.
And look what was hanging out there, a sweet little tiger kitty (chat). She even let me pet her!
Moi soaking up all of the beauty at a street market!  Notice the gorgeous hydrangeas?
On every street you will find at least one (often more!) fancy patisseries, where you can drool over their amazing sweet little masterpieces!.  Just look at this tower of macaroons!
And these giant meringues!  I've never seen any this large before, they must have been twice as big as my hand!
Are you drooling yet?  I sure am!
I just had to get a shot of this pretty bright blue door!  Even their address number is ornate!
Not only can you rent bikes in Paris, but electric cars as well! 
I didn't realize when I took the photo of these amazing desserts, above, that my feet were being reflected in the window!  So funny, it looks to me as if that fancy torte is wearing tennis shoes!
That's it for now, hope you have a great day!
Au Revoir!
Linking up with Shabbilicious Friday

12 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Bon Jour, Miss Donna,

Bee-u-tee-ful pictures, my favorite is the kitty. (o:

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence ♥

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for the tour of this most wonderful city. I sure hope to go there one day.

hugs
Sissie

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Swoon. I need to be there. Great shots, Donna.

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh my! This is the Paris I want to see and discover! Just the everyday life around me! I studied these pictures! You are going again soon, aren't you? How lucky you are! I know you had the time of your life!

XO,
Jane

Myric said...

My heart is beating fast looking through your beautiful photos! Wishing I was there too!

Enjoy more of Paris!

xo
Myric

Susie said...

Donna, I am loving all your pictures of the streets of Paris. I wish I could go...those are exactly the sidewalk cafes I want to eat at, all my life. Sweet and delicious. I would gain weight looking at the sweets. Smiles, Susie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

the cars and bikes are new since I was there. Ahhh, I see you wear the American white tennis shoes!! I could not resist! I gave up trying to fit in to by not wearing the uncomfortable black flats.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Sigh...all your pictures are just so romantic. Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

Bonjour! Wow! I just love seeing these photos...last time I was in Paris was more than 25 years ago. Your photos bring back such sweet memories (literally, with the pastry shop!) Keep posting, so we can live vicariously.

Tete said...

Looks like so much fun. I am so glad that you got to go. Thanks for sharing all the images with us.
Now, after all those photos of food, and the other ones from the other blogs(seems like everyone posted food), I am going to have to go raid the fridge.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh how my heart swoons at these gorgeous photos of Paris Donna.

Thank you so much for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Beautiful, Donna. I love all the flowers and the menu boards and the pastries. Paris is sheer heaven.