Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cherubs

Bon Jour Mon Amis!
Hope you all are having a great week!
Just a quick little post today, sharing with you a recent angelic makeover!  I sure wish that I'd take a before shot of these beauties, but I was in such a hurry to cover their original gaudy gold that I forgot to!
I found a pair of these amazing vintage angels holding urns at the end of summer, and couldn't scoop them up fast enough!  I'd never seen any like them before, and just knew that with a little paint and tlc, they would go from gaudy to glam!
 They have the sweetest faces, I think!
 The details are just amazing.  I distressed them a bit, after painting them my favorite creamy color, to add to their aged over time look.
 I've placed them in my Etsy shop if you care to take a peek!
Be sure to stay tuned, as I'll be posting more photos of our trips to Paris this weekend!
Au Revoir!
Linking up with Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday.
Shabby Art Boutique Shabbilicious Friday
Be sure to visit for tons of inspiring ideas!

5 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

how beautiful and it looks wonderful up against the blue wallpaper!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh, I know what they looked like before. Much better now.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Just dreamy! A gorgeous makeover.

Bente said...

They are so beautiful, Donna.
I looked in the post under(missed it earlier), and I must say you have seen a lot during your days in Paris.

Wish you a great weekend

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Beautiful transformation Donna. I love them in white.
Thank you for linking up this week at Shabbilicious Friday.