Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Treasury Hunting Fun!

Bon jour, mon Amis!
Hope you all are having a great week!
The other day, I showed you the trip I took to the Snohomish Antiques and Craft Faire. Well, today I'd like to share with you some of the goodies that I purchased, as well as some neat things that I have found while thrifting lately (or,  "treasure hunting", as I like to refer to it as!!).
I was thrilled to discover a bunch of neat coffee bags a vendor had at the sale!  I have no idea what I will do with it, but I knew that I would regret not bringing one home!  I didn't open it up 'til I got home, and was very excited to see that it is from Hawaii, and contained Kona beans!  Hawaii is a very special place to me, as hubby and I were married on the island of Kauai nearly 11 years ago!
 So, if any of you ladies have some ideas of what I can do with this bag, I would love to hear it!
 I purchased several things from a guy that was selling antique and vintage items.  I am always on the prowl for Syroco anything!  So I quickly scooped these pieces up!  They are going to get a major transformation though with some paint and distressing!!!
 I also bought from him this really pretty wooden box.  I'm not sure if it's very old or not, but I just love the shape of it, and while I really love the painting, too, I have other plans for it! (hint: it involves decoupage!!)

 Hubby gave me this adorable wire basket that he bought at the sale as an early birthday present.  It's lined with moss and filled with pansies (one of my favorite flowers!)
 Here is a close up.  When the flowers are "kaput", I can have fun playing with the basket!
 Aren't these pansies gorgeous??!!!!
 At a local thrift shop, I found the most adorable little vintage frog!  For only a buck, I just couldn't pass it up!  I stuck a mermaid postcard in it, and put together a little sea side themed vignette.  Love!
 I have one other vintage floral frog.  Hmmmm.....I see a collection in the works!!
 Since we have moved here to Washington State, I've been hitting the Syroco jackpot!  I am crazy about Syroco, not in its original (and usually gaudy gold) state, but after it's been transformed and shabbified!!  I was so excited to find the bird and floral set at an antique shop in town.  While it cost alot more than I usually would spend, I've been looking for this exact set for awhile, and just couldn't pass it up!
 Aaaaahhhh!  Much better after the "shabby treatment", don't you think?  I am going to be putting this in my Etsy shop, but I think I might as well enjoy it in the mean time!!!
 The details of the pieces are amazing!  What a difference paint makes!
 I think these little birdies are breathing a sigh of relief!!
 I forgot to take before pictures of my next Syroco pieces, which I found on two separate outings. They were that same "wonderful" gaudy gold.  So, after painting and distressing, I think they look oh, so much better!  I've placed both of these sets on my Etsy shop.

 Here's a close up of the flower basket.  Isn't it pretty?

As a reminder, if you haven't already entered my French themed giveaway, and are a current follower, please be sure to do so here!!!

That's it!  Have a great night!

11 comments:

Leo said...

Wow - you had a major score. Some beautiful things. And once you transform them they will be fantastic!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, I love this post!!! With your gorgeous taste, you will weave wonders on all your treasures...and how about making a pillow out of the bag? You could also use it for a liner in a metal basket. Wow, if we lived close, we'd be finding stuff ALL week! lol (and trying to figure out how to repurpose it!)
lol
XO
Cindy

Erin said...

Those pieces look fabulous with your Treatment!!! Love that basket too!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Donna...one of my BFF's lives in Snohomish and you should visit her Blog! Here is her link...her name is Shell and you will love her as much as I do!

http://bungalowbling.blogspot.com/

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Great makeovers!!! I've not seen any Syroco here or maybe I just overlook it because of the gold color. I'll have to pay more attention! I like the idea of making a pillow from the coffee bag! Love the pansies!!!

Ido said...

Great finds! I'm loving those sconces, can't wait to see them transformed!
XXX Ido

Musings from Kim K. said...

You always find the best stuff!! Can't wait to see what you do with your coffee bag and sconces. I haven't been able to find frogs at decent prices. I have 2 right now that I've been using for display and want more.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna!
You can take anything and make it beautiful!!

I love the wire basket full of pansies and the flower frog is perfect for display.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

I bought some of that "gaudy gold" the other day too. :) Here's an idea for your bag. I bought some old shot bags that had fabulous graphics on them. The customer that bought them was going to use them to slip gift bottles of wine in. Very clever and different. :) Hope you are having a wonderful week Donna.

Girl in Pink said...

What fun finds! I have made over many a syroco find...They are fabulous! You did a beautiful job with them! Love your little metal floral frog too...and you reminded me that I have one somewhere in the garage. I might end up using it for a project today! Thank you for the inspiration!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Donna,
I just popped over to say "hi" and hope you're having a good day!!
XO
Cindy