Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lets Visit and Antique and Craft Faire!

Helllo Ladies, hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Yesterday, hubby and I went to the Snohomish Antiques and Craft Faire.  I not only came home with some great treasures, which I'll share with you in a few days, but also got some wonderful and inspiring ideas!
 I really love these reclaimed wood stars with mason jars filled with pretty blooms!
At the same booth, I fell in love with this chalkboard sign, made from a section of picket fence.  What a fun idea!
 I was in love with these gorgeous vintage altered bottles.  Be still, my heart!!!
 There were several vendors that had the most amazing painted furniture.  I could have easily bought an entire truck load!  I really love this cute little green end table, and the tea cart, with drop leaf sides, was just charming!
 Glass votive candles with stamped linen "slipcovers".  Loved this idea!
 Ok, you do ever have "buyers remorse"?  Not for what you did buy, but for what you didn't?!  Well, I could just kick myself for not buying this neat organizer (above).  They took a canvas shoe organizer and added fun stamped and hand written images.  At only $10, what was I thinking passing it up???  It would have been perfect for organizing my craft supplies.  ***sigh***
 Love the pretty pink flowers in a fun and upcycled container.
At the same booth, there were lots of creatively repurposed containers filled with pretty blooms!  I love the vintage pink tin canisters!  Hubby bought me one of the wire baskets on the ladder as an early birthday gift.  It is lined with moss and filled with pansies and other blooms, and I just love it!!!
 And who could resist this darling vintage dolly all set to celebrate with a festive party hat?
After checking out all of the wonderful booths, we headed to the shops in town for some more retail therapy!
 I really love this butterfly wreath made from vintage book pages!
 The shop windows are always very cleaverly displayed, and full of eye candy!!!
 I love this "message in a bottle"!
 And of course this little tray decoupaged with vintage book pages.  Oooh, la, la!!
 Another fun idea was this cute little decoupaged "table".

 And I totally am in love with these gorgeous French themed baskets! 
 One shop even decked out their barrel planter with cheery blue and green paint, and fleur de lis stenciling.  Love!!!
 How about a pet dish fit for royalty?
 So many creative and gorgeous vignettes.  My head was spinning!  I really love this iron candelabra.  Isn't it amazing?
 I was ooohing and ahhing over this display.  Notice the vintage trophy on the right?  It is encrusted with glitter!  ***more sighs!***
                                                   I was loving this chippy blue table!
 And of course this beautiful blue secretary.  Love the color!!!
                                                        Lots of altered vintage books.
And I am in love with this gorgeous three tiered wire stand.  I just may have to go back and buy it!!!
That's it for now, I'll show you next time some of the treasures that I bought on our outing!  
Now, go out and have a great and creative day!!!

13 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

OH MY GOSH, Donna!!! I am speechless! Can I come live in the guest house so I can go with you? lol I LOVE everything and that little cradle is so adorable!!!
XO
Cindy

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Oh, what wonderful and inspiring vignettes and displays! I can't wait to see what you bought because I can't imagine how you decided WHAT to buy!!!

The Bear's Blog said...

I would have wanted everything. The green table, tea cart, and pet feeder would have come home with me. (o:

Hugs, thank you for sharing.

mizdarlin said...

I love the three-tiered stand too- so versatile!
You know what is the most amazing thing about your outing to the Faire and shopping? That your husband (voluntarily) went with you!
There's reasons I'm single - one of them is never ever finding a male who would even consider being involved in this sort of stuff with me...
Lucky you!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

wow wish I was along on the shopping trip, so many good things to buy!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I would have loved to go shopping with you. Such wonderful goodies. I'm glad you are finding some new haunts since relocating. HUGS!!!

Amanda said...

Love all of the inspiration you've shared with us! Thank you! Wonderful! I would definitely love to visit Snohomish...I had no idea it was such a shopping destination! I belive it's only 3 hours from me...I'll have to plan a day trip!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Tete said...

Boy howdy, are you ever full of eye candy today! Looks like you had a fantastic little time! So many things I could easily bring home, too! I just got caught up on your blog, can't believe I had missed several postings. Been busy here trying to get things ready for the booth and did that yesterday. I even have a small part time job helping a friend with his store. I'm actually making money again!
The yard is about to get a major face lift when DH takes a week off the week of Memorial Day. Hopefully, it will come out as I see it in my mind!
Even got to go see Rebecca today. Just waiting on the rain now. We are so dry.
Hugs -Tete

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wow, what a fun shopping day...so many great goodies! I love the fence picket sign idea! My only shopping regrets are things I pass up, only later to realize I should have bought it!

Ido said...

Wow! You sure did have fun! lovely things. I could use one of those 3 tired stands for my soaps, I will be in the hunt for one.
XXX Ido

NanaDiana said...

WOW! I cannot believe all that stuff! Where do you even begin to LOOK? I would be on intake overload! I am glad you had a fun day of it...and the ideas! I know you will be copying some of them!..only YOUR version will have glitter! xxoo Diana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh my goodness, Donna, what amazing shopping you can take advantage of in your new part of the country! I was drooling over so many of your pics. Glittered trophy = amazing!
As far as the buyer's remorse, you should just buy a plain shoe organizer and customize it yourself with your talent.
- susan

Erin said...

Wish I could have shopped there with you too! Love all that you have shown us, and oh so many great ideas!!