Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, February 5, 2016

Greetings From Sunny Florida!

Hi everyone!  How has your week been?
We are taking a little break from winter (though it's been pretty mild back home in Michigan) and are in Florida right now.
We took a day trip today to Venice, and it was just gorgeous.
I was so happy to find a dog friendly beach (not a common thing here, it seems), and the three of us walked forever.
 Katie had a blast, and we had fun collecting lots of shells.  Notice the bulge in my pocket?  It's filled with shells!)
 It was a beautiful and sunny day, not a cloud in the sky.  A "cold front" just moved in, highs are supposed to be in the low 60's for the next several days.  That is fine with me!  For us mid westerners, that constitutes a heat wave!

 Downtown Venice was full of lots of amazing shops.
And mermaids, too:)
Gee, I sure wish I really had a figure this shapely!
Well, except for the tail:)
 Katie couldn't resist getting in on the fun, too!

That's it for today!  Looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to!

14 comments:

Debby said...

Nice pictures. Looks warm. Enjoy your trip.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the mermaid photos!!

Rose L said...

CUTE MERMAID PHOTO OP!
I JUST SAW AN ART IDEA OF SPRAY PAINTING SEA SHELLS WITH GOLD AND SILVER! LOVE IT SO NOW HAVE TO GET TO THE OREGON COAST AND SEEK SOME!

Bente said...

What a fantastic beach and a great trip you have. Here we have more snow than ever. Love the murmade photos.
Hugs from here

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, how cute you and Katie are on the beach. The weather looks gorgeous and that blue sky amazing. So glad you are there away from the snow and ice. Love the mermaid pics. So cute Katie had a turn too. How fun to be collecting shells. Have fun and enjoy your winter getaway. xo

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Have fun and enjoy your time in the sunshine!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Donna,
I love this fun post with adorable pictures of you, hubby and Katie. Relax and enjoy the sun kissing your face in sunny Florida.
xoxo,
Vera

Debbie said...

What great photos, Donna! Clear blue skies and sandy beaches are a dream for me....so seeing your images brought a smile to my face. Have fun down there, girlfriend!
Much love to you.
Debbie
xo

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Looks like you guys are having a terrific time. Katie looks so cute as a Mermaid. Great pictures of all of you.
Enjoy your vacation. We had 90 today and is going to be that for the rest of the week. Enjoy.....
Hugs,
Mary

Ordinary J said...

Such a beautiful day!!! But how come no one else is on the beach? Here in Santa Monica, the beach is always crowded...

john said...

How nice to enjoy some winter sun ...very nice mermaid !!
Gail x

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Katie's mermaid photo cracked me up! Have a great time...it looks wonderful there!

Cheryl said...

Eeek... so many shells! I'd need a bucket :-P

Okio B Designs said...

Jealous with a capital J. We're gearing up for yet more snow here. I'm done!

Jeanine