Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Radiant Orchid, Pantone's Color of the Year


Bonjour Mes Amis!
While I never have been one to pay attention to the color of the year, when I saw that Pantone had chosen "Radiant Orchid" as the color of 2014, I took notice!
It's a gorgeous blend of lavender, fuchsia, and pink that I think is so fun and cheerful!
Oooh, la, la!
Source


I found the following photos on Pinterest.  Apparently, many people are crazy about this color, too!
Check out this amazing barn!

While I wouldn't want radiant orchid floor to ceiling in my home, I think touches here and there would be so pretty!
You can't accuse this bathroom of being subtle, but it sure would be fun to take a bubble bath in that gorgeous clawfoot tub!
 What a beautiful blooming bush, and a pretty front door.
 So, I thought I'd get into the act and create a few things for my shop in radiant orchid.
I had so much fun painting this picture frame and mirror set!  I think that the color really pops against the creamy white and shades of gray that I painted some of the pieces.

 I also just finished this radiant orchid framed chalkboard for my shop.
 It's a color that just makes me happy!
I've placed the frame set and chalkboard in my Etsy shop, if you care to take a look!
What colors make you happy?
Sharing with Debra at Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

BEAUTIFUL, Donna. I love pops of that color here and there, too. I even think it is pretty ON some people! Great color for frames! Hope you had a great day- xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

I can totally see Emma enjoying this color. What a fun post, Donna. Have you been loving our MI sunshine lately? I just want those warm temps to return!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm with you I love just a touch...The frames are perfect!

Carol

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Donna,

Bee-u-tee-ful color, it would work wonderfully with the color of my mohair.

Woofs to Katie Bug.

Hugs,
Prudence ♥

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, this is a great color for just touches here and there. Love your pretty frames and the gray really is a wonderful compliment. Gray just goes with everything doesn't it?? Your frame set is wonderful. I love how you pull together these sets in size and color.
Such a talent Donna.

Have a great day and Happy Creating!!
Hugs

Susie said...

Hi Donna, It's a pretty color...but like you, I think in moderation. That room is too much. Love your frames . blessings, xoxo,Susie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You have made me take a second look at this color. Love the frames!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Donna,
It is a pretty color and I love that you did a chalk board framed in that color. So fun and pretty.
Kris

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Love your projects, Donna! My daughter just told me today that they are using that color above white board and batten in the nursery they are making...

Julia said...


Me ha encantado visitar tu bloc. Esta semana os propongo disfrutar de una fiesta muy catalana imagenes de de sant jordi espero que os guste u por eso te invito a visitar mi blog y espero que te guste. Si te ha gustado espero que si no eres seguidora te hagas ahora.
Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

Little Miss Maggie said...

It's a beautiful color. For some reason it reminds me of bougainvillea which is a plant I have always loved. I guess bold is in this year, and touches of this color are a nice added accent.

Debbie said...

The barn photo is remarkable!!!
Your frames are pretty, and so is the chalkboard.
I think having a color like that would be nice.....but just a pop of color....NOT a whole room!
Have a great Sunday, honey bunch!
Debbie
xo

Trisha said...

I just bought a shirt this color but had no idea it was "the" color of the year! Love it!

~Trisha