Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pink Princess Crown Prints

Bonjour Mes Amis!
It's still super hot and muggy here at the chateau, so when we aren't out on or in the lake trying to cool off, I'm staying inside playing in my craft room!
Today I wanted to share with you a project that I just finished, that is one of my favorites!
A set of three crown prints on pink sheet music, which I have put in my Etsy shop.
I had so much fun making them, and am so happy with the way they turned out!

 Ok, here is what they started out like.  Cute, but not the look I was going for.  Hubby discovered this set of three matching frames last week (I guess you could say that he is my own personal "picker"!), and called me from the thrift shop, to ask if I might be interested in them.  
Of course!  I always am looking for frames to transform, and the fact that they were a matching set made them all the better!
While the cherubs were cute, I had another plan for them!
 I began by painting the frames creamy white, followed by what I like to call 
"a generous dose of distressing".
 I then printed these amazingly gorgeous crowns (from the Graphics Fairy)
onto this cute pink sheet music.

 It took quite a bit of finagling (is "finagle" a word???!) for me to get the crowns lined up just right!
 I think they would be adorable hanging in a nursery or little girls room!
 Love them!

 Ok, I hope you don't get tired of seeing pictures of Katie, but I couldn't resist sharing this one that I snapped of her a few days ago!
Katie is now 6 months old, and we brought her home in this very basket when she was a little 8 week old puppy.
So I wanted to see how she would fit in the basket now!
Just look at that face!
"Mama, is there a reason you're trying to squeeze me into this tiny little basket?"
 And here she is in the car when we first brought her home!
Wow, what a difference 4 months can make!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend, keep cool!

13 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Look at that sweet face. I think she is telling a story with those beautiful eyes. And I don't think she is very happy with her "Dog Mother" right now.

Hugs

Susie said...

Your little doggie is changing. He looks to be thinking , "you have got to be kidding." Love your royal little crown pictures. Hope you have kept cool through that bad heat wave. It rain here today and already is cooler. xoxo,Susie

Bente said...

The frames turned out so pretty, Donna. I love to see Katie in the basket. There is a big different. She is soooo cute.

Have a great sunday.

Hugs from here

NanaDiana said...

Those are just darling, Donna. They would be cute in a little girl's room for sure. Love your pictures of Emily- those will NEVER bore me- xo Diana

Debbie said...

The framed crown pictures turned out very sweet.
My, how much your little baby has grown!! Katie is just as cute as ever, Donna.
Have a great Sunday.
xo

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Donna, that Katie is so darn cute I just want to hug and kiss her. What a great friend. Never get tired of seeing that sweet girl.
Your pictures are stunning and you did an excellent job.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
We actually had a little rain today. YEA YEA YEA
Mary

pembrokeshire lass said...

Indeed....what a difference! She's gorgeous! Love the little wall pics as well! Joan

Okio B Designs said...

Very pretty! Love them on the pink sheet music!

Jeanine

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a sweet doggy. And yes, finagle is a very good word for you to use! You sure changed the look of those frames. The crowns look perfect on the pink sheet music.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Please keep showing us pics of Katie! She is so cute and I love the pic of her 'almost' in the basket! They do grow fast don't they! Love the crowns, how cute on the pink sheet music!

hugs,
Linda

Trisha said...

The prints turned out great! I love that pink sheet music! And Katie is as darling as ever! Stay cool my friend!

~Trisha

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, WOW I just love your crown prints on the pink sheet music. They just turned out gorgeous. You have your own personal picker for sure and he did so good finding these frames for you.

Oh my Katie has grown. She is out growing her basket. Too cute. What a darling face.

Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

the pictures of the crowns make me so happy. I am crazy about crowns.

hugs
cindy@stitches