Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shelf Obsession

Bonjour Mes Amis!
So I've already admitted to having a mirror obsession.  Now I am confessing that I officially have a shelf addiction  as well!
Since shelves have always been a popular item in my Etsy shop, I'm always hunting for interesting ones that I can transform with a little paint and tlc.  I've even gotten hubby into the act, and have commissioned him to build me some for my shop!  So today I'd like to share with you some of the latest ones that I've been working on.
 Isn't this picket fence style shelf just adorable?  It was dark green when I found it, and I thought the color really didn't do it justice!  I immediately thought "pink"!
 Wouldn't it be darling in a little girls room or nursery?
 It has that shabby cottage style that I love so well!
 And I was super excited when I discovered this pair of vintage Syroco shelves recently.  Originally a "gaudy gold", I could hardly wait to paint them creamy ivory!
 Just look at their amazing details.  They even have the original "Syroco Wood" labels on the back!
Like many of the early Syroco pieces, this pair is made of wood and other materials.
 They truly have the look of finely hand carved wood, I think!
 I found these sweet little shelves on separate thrifting trips. While they are not identical, I thought they would make a cute pair, after I painted them my favorite shade of light blue.  Much better than their former dark brown color!
 One of the shelves features a neat curvy top and bracket, the other has a handy plate groove.
Ok, here is one of the shelves my handy hubby made, and I just love it!
 Love the brackets he added to the sides. And the oil rubbed bronze coat hooks, too!
I painted it a creamy white, and am so happy with the way it turned out!
I just finished painting several more shelves that he built for my shop, in blue and aquamarine tones (love!).
I'll be sure to share them with you soon!.
You can take a peek at these shelves and more in my Etsy shop, if you care to take a look!
Joining the following parties:
Be Inspired Friday

14 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

How nice that you are getting your hubby involved in your business adventures/shelf obsession!

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Donna,

You do have Mr. Shabby on salary, right? Giggle.

Hi, Miss Emily.

Hugs,
Prudence ♥

Susie said...

Donna, I love shelves. You can squeeze even a small one in a place that just needs more decor. I like your blue ones.xoxo,Susie

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Great pieces! I am sure they'll sell fast! Love them.
Karen

Tete said...

Boy, have you guys been busy. Love that pink shelf. I don't think I have ever seen one with that shape before.
I love the little white one with hooks. I am a sucker for hooks. Hope these sell well for you! Love all the details that just a paint job brings out.
Have a fun weekend!

Karen said...

Those are all so pretty,love the colors. Couldn't pick a favorite if I had to,love them all.

pembrokeshire lass said...

I've never really looked at shelves before. I have a feeling that I'll be far more aware from now on! What an unusual post. Thanks. Joan

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna,
Your shelves are all so interesting. I too love a shelf here and there. It adds so much to a space. Love the pink on the first one. How pretty it is and the pieces your hubby made are awesome. You two are so talented.
The missmatched set go so great together and I love syroco too. Light weight but looks so ornate and heavy.
Thank you for sharing the inspiration.
Have a great weekend. Stay Warm!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

R's Rue said...

Very creative!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Betty Stapleton said...

What a great post, love the shelves. Congrats to being in romantic homes. God bless

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Wonderful job on all the shelves - especially that hand-made one from hubby. Wow! The blue ones are too cute. :)

john said...

Oh Donna they all look just gorgeous !! and what a clever husband !
Gail x

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOVE all of your shelves, Donna! It's so fun to work on projects with your hubby!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Wonderful -- especially the pink one and the white one with the hooks.

Stopping by from Nana Diana.