Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shabby Chic Picture Frames

Bonjour Mes Amis!
I love hunting for interesting picture frames and mirrors that I can transform with a little paint and tlc!
So today I thought I'd share with you my latest collection, which I'll be putting in my Etsy shop soon.

 I've painted them my favorite creamy white, followed by just the right amount of distressing to give them time worn appeal. The frame below is my absolute favorite!  I love it, and would dearly love to find more like it!  The details are amazing.
 For their photo shoot, I placed this pretty floral paper inside the frames.  It actually is wall paper border by Laura Ashley, that I happened to have left over from quite a few years ago. I love the vintage look of the paper, and the soft pastel colors, too.  So glad that I saved it!
 The frames are all newer, but the cute little mirror is vintage.

 Frame collections are one of my favorite things to create, and I must say that this set is my newest favorite!
 Hope you are having a fun and creative week!
Joining the following fun parties:
Be Inspired Friday

13 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

These are gorgeous, Donna, I just love the detail. I know it takes a lot of work and patience to paint these. You are so lucky to be finding so many pretty ones! Well done! :)

XO,
Jane

Connie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty :)
What a lovely project.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautiful frames always catch my attention. Nice.

NanaDiana said...

Donna- Those are beautiful! You get better and better all the time. These are really gorgeous- xo Diana

Okio B Designs said...

So pretty - as always! And so happy to see you in Romantic Homes this month. I smiled when I saw your blog write-up. You go girl!

Jeanine

Tete said...

You know I love these! Hope you are having a good day playing around there.
Love the border, too. Glad you saved it. Never know when you are going to need something, usually its right after I throw something out, after saving it for 15 years.
There are some interesting looking frames, 5x7 and under, at the Dollar Tree that might look good under your care. If you get a chance, check them out.
I could see you doing mini ones like this attached to a ribbon or something.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are just beautiful, Donna...especially grouped the way you put them!

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty alone, but are striking as a collection. The person/people who buy them will be very lucky to get your pretty fames.

pembrokeshire lass said...

Lovely frames and the way Oi've distressed them looks so good. It would be. Shame to split them as they look so good together! I must keep my eyes open for this sort of hing. I'm learning so much thanks to all my blogging buddies! Many hanks for the ideas. Joan

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Donna - I'm SO excited for you! Have you seen the February issue of Romantic Homes magazine? Your blog is featured in Site Seeing! I felt so giddy when I saw your familiar blog listed - yippee!
CONGRATULATIONS dear friend! Well deserved. :)
(Oh, and these frames are adorable)
Have a great weekend - go celebrate!
xo, Susan

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love all the details on the first one. Years ago I bought one at a sale, just the ornate details.

Pascale said...

Your frames are great!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, well this sure has inspired me. Love your frames and the way you added the backgrounds.
I love frames and you style them beautifully.
Happy Creating.
Hugs, Celestina Marie