Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, January 25, 2013

A French Themed Vignette


Bonjour Mes Amis,
Hope you have been enjoying your week!
I first posted this vintage pedestal bowl makeover last summer.  So if you saw it then, I apologize for the repeat!
I am always hunting for pedestal bowls to transform, and I must say this was one of my favorites.


I've just submitted the above photo to Jeanne d'Arc Living facebook page. They are having a photo contest, and the winner will receive a copy of their new Easter book!  So if you haven't yet voted, and you feel so inclined, maybe you could vote for me?  You can vote here.here
Thank you!!!
Anyway, back to my pedestal bowl!  I added this gorgeous label from The Graphics Fairy to the front (love!).
Oh, in my excitement I neglected to mention that I first painted the pedestal bowl my favorite creamy white, then gave it a generous dose of distressing.
I guess you could say one of my "signature looks" is using vintage sheet music in many of my projects.  So I just had to line the inside with some from my collection!
She ended up being bought by a customer in Australia!
So funny to think of my little decoupaged bowl finding a new home clear around the world!
Hope you have a great weekend!


13 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Well, someone in Australia is getting a gorgeous piece. The signature sheet music is perfection!
Hugs,
Patti

Leo said...

I love this. So pretty!!!

Bente said...

It`s so pretty. Love how you used notes inside.
Fun that it`s going to Austalia.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs from here

Connie said...

Dear Donna, your bowl is charming and I love all the little details, the distressing, the French label, and of course the sheet music lining. That is what makes your work so lovely . . . the care you take in the details. I love that someone in Australia is now enjoying it. Our world is getting smaller and smaller.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

NanaDiana said...

That is so very, very pretty, Donna. I just love it. You KNOW I will vote for you!!!! xo Diana

Debbie said...

Heading over to vote!!!
xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

How fun that it now has a lovely home in Australia. Heading over to vote too!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Pretty!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Great piece - you do beautiful work.
I vote for you.
Mary

Renee said...

Donna: Gorgeous piece! I sell a lot to Australia, too; funny, isn't it?
I absolutely love the vintage sheet music inside. Can I ask whether you use Mod Podge or gel medium?

Blondie's Journal said...

Very, very pretty, Donna! I'm off to vote!

XO,
Jane

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

Yes, it's always funny for me to see my paintings going around the world too !
I voted for your nice pic (2nd vote) with a great pleasure. They don't accept pages to vote (my page My shabby french life) but I used my facebook. Hope everybody will vote for you.
xoxo
Joëlle

Pascale said...

I am also fond of music sheets. I don't know why but it's so nice to use for decorations. It's so great that you can buy and sell all over the world thanks to the internet. Your buyer bought a nice piece of work from you. Have a good sunday, Pascale