Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wishing You A Very Sparkly Christmas

It seems that the time goes by faster and faster each year, doesn't it?  I am amazed that Christmas time is here once again, how did that happen so quickly?!
Wishing you a Christmas full of peace and sparkly wonder.

Vintage Shiney Brites, most of which belonged to hubby's mom.  I love the way they look all heaped in my big apothecary jar!

It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think I would narrow it down to the bright blue ornaments, and the oval pink one, that is in the very center.
Keeping it simple here, with a bit of a French touch.  I've added copies of French Christmas postcards to a frame that I already had.

My little curio cabinet, which a friend found this summer at a garage sale for me.  It was a dark brown finish, and looked more than a little tired!  Several coats of heirloom white and she is all freshened up, and sporting a few Christmasy touches.
Isn't this little glass cloche with the glittery house and bottle brush trees sweet?
One of my vintage silver creamers with a few tiny vintage ornaments.  Love!
Sweet little angel.
My glittery snow man is one of my very favorites!
More French touches, including a tiny Eiffel Tower from Paris underneath a sweet little glass cloche.  I made the decoupaged square wooden plates (in the background) last year.

More glittery creamy goodness!
One of my little peat pots.  I made a bunch of these for gifts this year, and just had to keep one for myself!
A copy of vintage French Christmas sheet music, compliments of the Graphics Fairy.
And last of all, a garland around the kitchen door that I made a few years ago.
Having family over tonight for our Christmas festivities.  Hope to get caught up with you all tomorrow to see what you've been up to!
Merry (almost!) Christmas!


12 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Merry Christmas. Woofy Christmas to Miss Emily from our girls.

Trisha said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Donna!

~Trisha

Okio B Designs said...

You too Donna! Love your Shiny Brite bulbs and all of your Christmas touches!

Jeanine

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
I love your pretty vintage ornaments and special touches.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

hugs
Sissie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Look at all the pretties! I love the pink and white striped bell.
I am sure it is good to be home around family this year.
Thank your for your friendship and Merry Christmas!

Debby said...

I have the same shelf. Love it. Pretty pictures.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Christmas blessings with "extra" glitter!

NanaDiana said...

Donna- Everything looks so beautiful and peaceful and serene at your house. It is hard to believe you are back in MI for Christmas this year. I hope it is a wonderful one for you- xo Diana

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

So many marvelous things to look at ! (I have the same wreath and I put it at the door outside)
I wish you a Merry Christmas sweetie.
xoxo
Joëlle

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Your Christmas ornaments are awesome!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

john said...

Wishing you a lovely Christmas Donna to you and your family...and not forgetting pooch !
Gail x

Debbie said...

Love all your glittery decorations, and shabby French touches for the holidays.
Merry Christmas, Donna!
xxxooo