Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas in My Craft Room

Like many of you seem to be doing this holiday season, I've tried to take a "less is more" approach with my Christmas decorating.  Of course, I ended up doing a bit more than I had planned!  I've never decorated  for the holidays in my craft room, until now, that is!
But, the desk and hutch that I "rescued" this summer from my girlhood bedroom was just begging for a touch of Christmas cheer!
I really love this piece, it's become such a convenient spot in my craft room to not only stash supplies, but to display some of my favorite treasures and works in progress!
A wire basket holds several bottle brush trees that I've bleached and glittered.
And a little bottle brush "forest", just waiting to be added to future projects!

I made this wreath last year from some tuile that I had left over from another project.
It makes me think of a ballerina's tutu!
Here it is on the front side of the chair, that I recovered in my favorite blue and white toile fabric.  Love!
One of my little peat pots, and more projects in the works!
Candle light casts a soft and romantic glow. A thoughtful blogger friend send me this gorgeous pair of antique cast iron sconces earlier this summer.  I just love them!
More bottle brush tree fun!  The one below I just sold in my Etsy shop.  I really love the sweet vintage silver plated sugar bowl it's nestled in!
I had almost forgotten about this Paris themed banner I made two years ago!  Glittered reproduction vintage postcards of Paris were strung from wonderfully crinkly taupe seam binding.
I added rhinestones for a bit more bling, 'cause you all know how much I love anything sparkly!
Aren't these little birdies sweet?  I added paper medallions to each end, that I created from scrapbooking paper (I especially love the pale aqua polka dots!).  Large vintage mother of pearl buttons, and more rhinestones, add a touch of glam!
Oooh, la, la!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and for joining me on my little tour!
I'll be linking up with:
 Debra at Common Ground, for Vintage Inspiration Friday.
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Be sure to visit!

15 comments:

Olive said...

It is charming. Love the bottle brush trees.

lvroftiques said...

Oh my gosh I love that tulle wreath!! Absolutely darling! As is your hutch. Vanna

Bente said...

Wow, where do I start. Love the cute little trees.(whish we had those brushes in Norway), the wreath is just gorgeous and I love that candleholder on the wall. Sooo many pretty things, Donna.

Hugs from me

Leo said...

Love your craft room. I could go shopping in there! So many pretty things. You are just so talented Donna!!!!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh what a pleasure it must be to craft in this delightful room! I love your childhood hutch & desk, all decked out with your creations and holiday pretties, Donna. That tulle wreath is oh-so-feminine!
Merry season to you!!!

NanaDiana said...

Donna- Your craft room is just absolutely beautiful. I would smile everytime I walked in there. Your things are all so lovely. I thought that was feathers at first and had to look hard to see that it was tulle. GORGEOUS! You get better and better all the time- xo Diana

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

I love your studio, would like mine should be as net !!! Love each of your creations. On you banner with the glitter PARIS looks like if it snows, and to-day it's really snow her my PARIS.
xoxo from a white PARIS
Joëlle

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your craft room is just stunning. I'm completely smitten with tulle wreath. My craft room is overflowing with supplies right now. I think it's time to do some straightening up this weekend.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, I just love your studio and I can see it is a cozy spot to create. Love the hutch/desk and all your pretties look wondeful. Love the toile chair and I use blue toile in my family room now and then too. The wreath is gorgeous. LOVE IT!!!
Your room looks beautiful decorated for Christmas. What a happy place to design. I have mine decorated too and it makes it fun to come to work(I mean play)

Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Debbie said...

Your desk looks very sweet with all of the Christmas bling, and French decor, Donna. I love that it's pieces that you put together yourself.
xxoo

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Donna,

Gee, can I come and live in your craft room for Christmas? Your decorations are gorgeous.

Hugs, happy weekend.

Susie said...

Donna, Everything is so nice..I love the card banner the best.It is so nice you have a piece of your childhood furniture. Smiles, Susie

Decor To Adore said...

That banner is just incredible!

Be merry and bright!

Roberta said...

Hi, this is the first time that I visit your blog.. I like your Craft room very much, and I appreciate the charm of the Eiffel Tower too !
Greetings from Italy !!
Roberta
La Sportina

Okio B Designs said...

Everything looks so stunning Donna! And that hutch/desk is a beauty! Show us your candles too. =)

Jeanine