Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sheet Music Christmas Ornaments

Can you believe that Christmas is just a short 11 days from now?  It seems like there is still so much to do, but this year I am trying my darndest to take a more relaxed approach, and am reminding myself that things don't have to be perfect!
Today I'd like to share with you some of my Christmas ornaments that I created for an Etsy customer, who is also a friend, and is so much fun to work with!

You know how much I love anything involving vintage sheet music, so this was a project that I thoroughly enjoy. Clear large round ornaments were filled with hand torn Christmas sheet music. While it would have been much easier to run the sheet music thru the shredder, I really prefer the random look of the hand torn pages.  Plus, it was a fun project to do while watching tv!
I've been making this style of ornaments for the past few years, so I jumped at the chance to get to create them again!  I've embellished them with pretty glittery silver snow flakes, as well as tiny white fabric flowers (that I've glittered, of course!).  Believe it or not, the clear balls are plastic!  Yes, they are!  I think they really look as nice as glass, without the worry of breakage.
I topped them all off with my wonderfully crinkly seam binding.  They look so pretty when hung from the tree!
I was asked to use red and aqua seam binding ribbon.  I really love that twist on the traditional red and green!

I would love to have a bunch of these hanging from our tree!
I think they look so pretty heaped in my tiered wire basket!

I had so much fun playing with them in their "photo shoot", that I got a little carried away!
So I think I'm going to head out right after Christmas and buy a bunch of these clear ornaments on clearance, so I can make a big batch for us next year!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Glitter Queen,

Purr-tee.

Hugs,
Prudence ♥

Susie said...

Donna, I love those ornaments. I will be making some of those with my g.daughers next Christmas.xo,Susie

Trisha said...

Oh yes! I love everything about these! Another fantastic creation!!

~Trisha

Bente said...

Hi Donna. You are soo creative. Theese are just beautiful.

Have a nice weekend.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I can't get enough of your curly fabric ribbon touches.

NanaDiana said...

Those are gorgeous, Donna. I would think those would sell like hot cakes! You did a great job! xo Diana

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love these!

I think I will even get some supplies for my daughter do it because she is a piano player and will love it. We have tons of old music lying around!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, Your ornaments are gorgeous. Love the sheet music inside the ornament and the added ribbon is a wonderful touch. So creative.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Donna, those are so pretty!

Leo said...

Love the ornaments. They are going up on the tree tomorrow. And please go out and buy a huge batch cuz I will need more next year. I am changing the theme of my christmas next year to French! Oh boy watch out! Love these. And the candles too. XO