Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Vintage Book Bundles

Ok, I admit, I am in love with vintage book bundles!
Do you love them as much as I do?  I thought I'd share with you a couple of the book bundles that I made, and have put in my Etsy shopIn preparation for our move, I am having a 20% off  sale from everything in my shop!  Just use the following code when you checkout: Paris1
 I just love the gorgeous covers on these books!  I've bound them together with pretty pink seam binding that I crinkled.  The piece de la resistance is the gorgeous pink paper flower.  Love!
 And of course I had to add a perfectly rusty vintage key, too!
 I think the covers are just charming.  They are works of art in and of themselves!
 This is the second vintage book bundle that I created. I added a page from a vintage French book, which I've stamped with my favorite French themed rubber stamps.  Oooh, la, la!
 I bound them all together with pretty spring green crinkly seam binding, and another rusty vintage key!

Looks like we will be headed back to Seattle in a few days, hopefully we will have better luck finding housing this time around!.  In the mean time, I've been busy sorting and cleaning, and taking loads of thing to the GoodWill for donation.  I am so thankful that we won't have to box and move all of our belongings ourselves!  Even after doing major purges, and selling our dining room set, we still have alot of stuff treasures!  So, I will be glad once all of this is over, and I can hopefully get out of stress mode (and back into blogging on a regular basis, I miss you guys!!)
Hope you have a great weekend!
I've linked up to the following great parties: Funky Junk Interiors SNS

13 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

I just love vintage book bundles! I've gone a little crazy though and have them all over my house!

Jeanine

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Your vintage book bundles are so pretty, especially with the addition of the seam binding and pretty paper flower. GOOD LUCK with your move ~ I know just how much work and stress is involved.

Erin said...

Love that ribbon on the book bundles! Looks gorgeous:)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your vintage book bundles are divine. I saw a few recently at my favorite antique store on display. Adding that pretty paper flower is a lovely touch.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
I love your vintage book bundles. You've put a different twist on them by leaving the covers. I also like the page with the image on the top of the stack. Very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

My son actually gave me a bundle of old books for Christmas. They come in handy to prop up stuff.

Good luck on your house hunt. I hope you find something that feels like home for you guys. :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Donna,
These are fabulous!!! I love book bundles--and these are gorgeous!!!
XO

Kaybe said...

I didn't know there is an official decorating genre for vintage book bundles. I'm getting the ribbon out immediately and am going to start tying bows. (I will also be making the Hubbs read this post :D )

Take good care,

Karen

Pamela said...

Hi Donna!!
I love book bundles and yours are beautiful!!

Did you and your husband consider renting until you find your grounding in Seattle? That is what we are doing . When we first moved to the island I thought I wanted to be in one area now I don't so we are just leasing until we decide. Hope the housing prices in Seattle our fair they are just terrible here compared to back home!

Happy weekend!
Pamela :)

NanaDiana said...

Lovely books! I am anxious for you too, Donna! xxoo Diana

Leo said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you find something that you like on this visit! Please keep me posted.

Love the vintage book bundles. I've been going through Etsy withdrawal this week!!

Donna said...

You make EVERYthing look beautiful...even old books!!! That's talent!!

Tapping Solution DVD said...

That's one pretty book bundle!