Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Planes, Boats, and Automobiles!

Happy Saturday everyone!  Another week has just flown by!  Hope you have been having a great one.

Yesterday, a friend of hubby's invited us out on his sailboat on Lake Erie.  It was out first big outing since hubby's knee surgery 2 weeks ago, so it was a treat to do something fun! Rather than drive there, we flew!

Here is hubby's plane. It just so happens to be my favorite color combination of blue and white :)  Notice the cornfield in the background?!

The flight on the way there.  I love seeing all of the farmland from above!  We had a fun surprise on the flight there, as we happened to fly over this huge corn maze!
Can you see the Statue of Liberty on the left?
The maize says "We the People".
Can you spot the eagle in the upper left of the above photo?  Pretty "amaizing"!
After a short 15 minute flight (better than an hour or more driving!), hubby's friend picked us up & we headed for the harbor.  This is the boat that I picked out!  Hey, might as well dream big!!
It was fun checking out all the names of the boats!
I loved this pretty red sail boat!
It was a beautiful and relaxing day!
Summer was pretty stressful, so this was a much needed break!
You can't see it, but there's a neat house on this island.  Can you imagine owning your own island?
Here in Michigan we love our Great Lakes!  They are really special to us!
Heading home.  The sun was setting, and the sky was just gorgeous!
We flew over the corn maize again.  Check out George Washington, how cool is that ?!
I love how the sunset left a wonderful pinkish glow over the field!  You might get a glimpse of the Liberty Bell to the right of George.
Sunset over the nose of hubby's plane. So pretty!  Thanks for coming along!  Have a good day!

18 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

'Amazing"!!! Literally, WOW how DO they plan and make a maze that big, and actually YOU got the best view of it, if you are on the ground you wouldn't see it!!! "Isn't boating relaxing", it seems as though 'Any stress JUST Floats Away"!!! We are fisherman, and there is two things I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE to relieve stress and it's Gardening and Fishing!!! Hope you Hubby is coming along now from his surgery... My Hubby fully recovered from his(B-complex helped him too)...
Hugs to you, Donna

Christine said...

Hi Donna! I feel like I was there with you, (thanks for the mini vacation)...That corn maize was amazing, great pictures. That picture of you is wonderful too!

Thanks for explaining the seam binding to me! It looks like wonderful stuff...hubby will be thrilled that I have something else I have to try out (in October of course-lol)!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This looks like such a fabulous day, Donna! Great photos~ thanks for taking us right along with you!!

mizdarlin said...

I loved your pics-not an easy thing to do in a plane-and what a great day, to both fly and sail, all in the same adventure..
I live by my beloved Pacific Ocean, but understand that the Lakes are special, and how the folks who live there feel.. can't even imagine being anywhere else!

Tete said...

Oh my- my dad used to fly! I miss it so much.
Love the maze!
I grew up an hour south of Lake Erie. I never spent time there but we were always on the water- Mifflin Lake and Clearfork. We had boats and camped all summer long.
I miss the sky and the water! Thanks for taking us along! Love all the photos.
Hugs- Tete

Debbie said...

Oh Donna! how exciting! You look so relaxed on the boat....Thank you for sharing those pics of the maize...amaizing!!! LOVE the sunset over the nose of the plane. How blessed you are.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Karen said...

These are great pictures! Love the sailboats! The corn maze is awesome!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--this is beyond amazing!!!! WOW!

kimmykats said...

What a wonderful day you had. The corn maze is amazing--what they can do these days is mind boggling. Glad you had some relax time!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great pictures - Thanks for sharing your trip. The corn maze is amazing!
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week,

Leo said...

Wow -what a nice way to travel. That is wonderful that your husband is a pilot -and has a plane. How fortunate is that!! I loved the photos of the maze. I have never seen anything like that - I am going to google that and see how they make that maze...it is like a work of art. Obviously a very patriotic person designed it!! Hope your having a fab weekend.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Donna,
Thanks so much for voting! I'm so excited! I really appreciate it!
xox

Kaybe said...

Thanks for the ride. How in the world do those farmers make those mazes? The best view is from the sky. Loved it.

NanaDiana said...

What a great post! I love the corn maze. Those things always a"maize" me too! I'm glad you like flying...I don't do well in planes...small OR big! lol Diana

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Oh what a lovely way to spend the day...and thank you so much for sharing the aMAZing pix of the maze with us.

Hope your husbands recovery is at a good steady pace and his knee will be strong again soon.

Kelsie

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

What a great trip. My husband hasn't flown in years and I never got up there with him when he did. He's hooked on his boat now. I love corn mazes. It always amazes me how they do it and how beautiful they are. Thanks for taking me along.

Biljana said...

Hi Donna!
You had wonderful day, so beautiful photos:))
Hugs, Biljana

Blooming Rose Musings said...

I hopped over from Love of The Sea. What a great trip! I can just feel myself flying over the maze and then hopping on a boat for a day on the lake! That certainly is an intricate maze and very interesting. It's fun finding your blog!