Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Vintage muffins tins become jewelry organizers

In my first posting, I showed you how I organized my necklaces in a repurposed old clock.  Today I am going to show you how I organize my earrings and pins!  Now, my jewelry wasn't always this organized....it used to be a jumbled mess, stored in a bunch of little boxes.  It was so hard and frustrating trying to find anything.  I can't take credit for this idea.  I saw it in a magazine, though I can't remember which one ( I think it may have been Country Living Magazine).  Anyway, I always thought it was a neat idea, and was excited when I spoted one at a yard sale last year.  Then, I found the one with the embossed design recently at a local thrift store.  Both were super cheap.  Maybe 50 cents each or so.  I am toying with the idea of spray painting the embossed one (don't worry, I'll never use it for baking!).  No amount of scrubbing can get off years of baked on stains!  It's not dirty like it may appear in the photo, I swear!  I store the tins in my dresser drawer, so they don't get dusty.  Now I can easily see what jewelry I want when I'm getting ready each morning!

I also couldn't resist showing you a couple of pins that I found last year at a yard sale for $1.00 each!  The green vintage one is my very favorite!  I am not a fine jewelry kind of girl.  I love vintage, or vintage looking costume jewelry.  Anything with rhinestones, Austrian crystals, pearls (real or faux, I don't care!), and marcasite makes my heart go pitter patter!

These tins would also be a perfect way for the crafter to keep organized!  I can see them holding buttons, beads, scrapbooking embellishments and more!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love the old vintage muffin tins, especially the embossed ones! Great idea, which I'd heard before but never have gotten around to using my old tins. This is a good reminder to me. Thanks!