Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another clock make over!

I know what you are thinking:"  That is one ugly clock!"     And you are so right!  I first caught site of this poor thing at an estate sale last weekend.  It was the first sale I had been to this year, and I was so excited to go on another treasure hunt!  Anyway, I just knew that with a little paint and imagination, she could go from drab to fab!

First off, I had to remove that ugly (err, I mean lovely) faux stained glass insert at the bottom.  Luckily it can out really easy. I had my hubby cut a small piece of 1/4" plywood to fit the opening, then I painted it with chalkboard paint and epoxied it into place. Then I found some really pretty wooden appliques at Hobby Lobby (30% off this week!) and also picked up a can of American Accents spray paint in aqua.  It was my first time using bright aqua in a project, and I thought it would be fun, since it's really "in" now.  Then I mixed up a bit of epoxy & glued the appliques on.  Oh, I almost forgot to mentiont hat I also removed the clock face, because I didn't want to take a chance & get glue on it.  After the epoxy dried, I gave her a couple of coats of primer, then two coats of the aqua spray paint.  Once that was all dry, I distressed it and used some of my favorite Ralph Lauren antiquing glaze in "smoke".  There's hardly a project I do that I don't use Ralph!

And here she is!  What do you think?  I am so happy with the way she turned out!  I am going to be adding her to my Etsy shop.  Now I want one for myself, though, so I guess that means I need to get out & hunt for more ugly clocks that I can transform!

I am linking this project up at Beyond the Picket Fence and metamorphosis-monday
and Chic on a shoestring's Flaunt it Friday

12 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Darn if you didn't take an ugly duckling and turn it into a cottage clock pretty. I love the color and the antiquing glaze made it look wonderful. Great job!

hugs
Sissie

Grannys Attic said...

Very pretty! You did a great JOB!!! Blessings, Vicky

Mom2fur said...

I love it! I've painted some things that pretty turquoise, too. It's so springy and cheerful, you know?
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

What a Make Over ~ Love Her, not only because Blue is My Favorite Color..... You Did Fantastic!

~ Regan said...

What a great job you did! I would have never guessed you could revamp that ol' clock! Love it!

Embellished Bayou said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so much better! I love that fab color you chose, great job!

Gloria said...

Hello there -- Great job on the clock! LOVE the color!
Best regards,
Gloria

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That is one cute clock! Great color, too. :)

Debbiedoos said...

Donna this is not ugly no more!~ I have to admit I do not know If I would have given that clock a second look. BUT now WOW! Love the color too. Thanks so much for linking up to my very first party. If you could add my link to your post I would so much appreciate it:) Thanks and look forward to seeing you again. P.S. Hope you get a moment to visit just a few of the others, I am certain they will do the same for you.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

amazing! hard to believe it's the same clock! I love the color and the embellishments!
gail

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

LOVE the new color with the vintage clock face! You did a wonderful job! You have a good "eye."

Tania said...

wow, this is beautiful, very creative!!!