Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Puppies and Projects

Bon jour!
How is your spring going so far?
It's been cooler than normal here at the Chateau, but the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming!
So I thought that was the perfect time for a little visit with Molly.
 I took these pics last week, while Molly was enjoying a little break beneath the crab apple trees!
It was no easy feat trying to take her picture with one hand (while holding her leash with my other!) using just my cell phone, and getting her to hold still!
Not to mention look my way!
It was such a beautiful day, with a nice gently breeze.  The petals that were falling looked just like confetti that was being tossed!
 She is growing by leaps and bounds, and is really learning and soaking everything up!
At 3 1/2 months old, she will undoubtedly be a wild and crazy little puppy for quite some time!
Ok, moving on to a few projects of mine.........

I found these neat and very large candlesticks while treasure hunting a few weeks ago.
They didn't look this lovely when I discovered them, though!
They are made of metal, and very tall and heavy.
Anyway, around their middle sections was glued printed burlap.  I just didn't look right, and gave them a cheap feel, I thought.  I knew right away I could make them pretty.
Well, removing the burlap proved to be much more challenging that I thought!
It was glued on, and I must have spent well over an hour getting it, and the glue residue off!
Then came the fun part, the painting!
Using chalk paint, I gave them a special 6 step treatment to give a faux zinc look.
I had alot of fun with this project, and think they look so much better!
Just wish I had thought to take their before pic!
 I've been on an angel wing kick lately, and painted these sweet little cast iron cuties in a pretty soft pale pink.  It's hard to tell from my photo, but I added a final coat of shimmery pearlized paint, making them even more angelic!
 I used the same shade of pink to paint these metal wings, that feature a cross and heart in their center.
 This next pair of wings is huge!
They are wood, with unique metal "feather" accents.
I've painted them my signature creamy white chalk paint, and added some of the pearlized finish.

 They are massive, at 40" tall, and together weigh 13 pounds.
I think they would make quite a statement wherever they are hung!
 I've added all of the projects you see here in my Etsy shop, if you care to take a look!
Thanks so much for visiting, I do really appreciate it, and your comments!
Looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to!
In the mean time, I leave you with one more pic of Miss Molly.
I picked up this basket at the Salvation Army to not only store her toys in, but used it to bring her home when we first adopted her back in April.
The other day I spotted her as she had hopped in, and just had to run and grab my camera.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of her with her little paws crossed!
(she posed that way herself!)



Have a great rest of the week! 

12 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, Oh my the cuteness of Molly. She is a bundle of joy. My how she is growing and her puppy pics are adorable. I love that sweet last pic as she hopped in the basket with paws crossed. Just precious. I could kiss her face off!!!
LOVE your gorgeous new goodies for your shop. The candle sticks turned out amazing and your angel wings are incredible. Love them and the shimmering paint is lovely. I know they will fly out of your shop. (no pun intended)
Thanks for sharing all the inspiration and I always love to see pics of Molly.
Enjoy the nicer warm days.
Hugs!

Trisha said...

Molly is so adorable! That picture of her in the basket melts my heart! I love all those wings, angels have always been a favorite of mine. Hope you are enjoying your spring!

~Trisha

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Molly is adorable. I'm so glad she is keeping you busy. Love the candlesticks and the wings. Fun projects. I'm busy moving Mom in next door to me!
hugs,
Linda

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So cute I love how she posed herself, love her! Love all your blues too!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh that Molly is darling, I just love her and could give her ton of hugs and kisses. Love the photo's of her.

The candles sticks are stunning. You did a wonderful job on them.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Mary

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Molly is adorable...it's a wonder you have any time for projects with that cutie around! Love the finish you did on the candleholders!

Rose L said...

Molly is so adorable and cute in that little basket.

Bente said...

Oh, Molly is sooo cute. Love the photos, Donna.
Wish you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs from here

john said...

Molly is just so gorgeous ! love your angel wings...hope you have a nice week...
Gail x











handmade by amalia said...

That Molly is such a darling. And she looks so happy on the pretty grass.
Amalia
xo

Debbie said...

Hi Donna...Molly is a little cutie pie!
Your projects are all beautiful! Love all the angel wings, especially.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Love to you.
Debbie
xo

Tete said...

She is just so freaking adorable! Great things you do there...love it all.