Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Master Bath Renovation Reveal and a Visit with Molly



Hi Everyone,
how is your week going?
Today I wanted to share our master bathroom redo.  I had intended on sharing it quite some time ago.
Anyway, we are beyond thrilled with the end result!
While it was many months in the making, it was well worth the wait.
The great thing is that my handy hubby did 99% of the work!
From the demo to the drywall, plumbing and electrical work, the beadboard installation, to the tile work, he did it all!
The only thing he didn't do was install the frameless glass shower enclosure.
For some strange reason, the walls look yellow in my photos. They are not yellow!
They are a soft and creamy color which I love (Behr).
We chose white cabinets by Merillat, and a gorgeous sand colored quartz counter.
For the hardware and faucets we went with brushed nickle, and I am so glad we did.  Initially I wanted oil rubbed bronze, but the only hardware we could find had lots of copper tones in it, which I did not like.
This is a small room, with very high ceilings, so we had to make the most of every square inch!
I'll give you a reminder in a bit of what our bathroom used to look like.
One of the best parts of the transformation (well, they are all good!) is now we each have our own sink!
Yeah!  Prior to that, we just had one, and it drove me nuts having to share.

Ok, here is what it used to look like!  This photo actually made the room look better than it really did, as it was taken with a wide angle lens (by hubby's son for our then real estate listing).
I can honestly say there wasn't a thing I liked about thus room!
Ok, there was one, the light fixture! And that was only because it wasn't that old.
Everything else was very 1980's, and not in a good way!!
 I cringe just looking at this mirrored sliding shower door.  Ugh!
 And as much as I love blue (it is my favorite color), I don't want a blue bath tub or fiberglass shower enclosure.  Or a blue toilet!  Notice the "lovely" wooden toilet seat in the mirror?
 I was more than ready years ago for this room to be transformed.
Now we couldn't be happier with the end result!
Ok, remember those upper walls are light cream, not yellow as they are showing!
I am loving the beadboard, and also our double towel rack.
Hubby did an amazing job with the ceramic tile floors and shower.
 I picked out most everything for the bath, including what I call my "fancy tile", the pretty glass mosaic tile used as an accent in the shower, as well as back splash above the vanity. They are made in Italy, are iridescent, and change colors with the light. They remind me of the inside of a seashell.  I just love them!
They were not cheap, but I am so glad that I decided to splurge.
The rainshower head and hand held  are made in Germany, and come with a lifetime warranty.
You don't find that much these days!  Nothing like German engineering!
 We both feel like we're staying at a fancy spa hotel!
 Ok, what do you do when you have huge and unsightly shampoo and conditioner bottles?
Well, I just wasn't happy with the way the looked in our niche, they hid my fancy tiles!
So, I found some clear acrylic soap and lotion dispensers at Bed Bath and Beyond, then created labels for them.  The pretty graphics are from the Graphics Fairy, and I just added the writing on PicMonkey.
I then used outdoor ModPodge (which I happened to have on hand) to attach the labels. Then I gave them a few more coats.  So far, over a month later, the labels are holding up beautifully.  And the pump dispensers  look so much nicer, I think!

 At Home Goods (love that store!) I found the most gorgeous mercury glass soap dispensers, tooth brush holder, and soap dish.  I like corralling all of our things in these ceramic trays, which I purchased years ago at Home Goods.  We each have our own.

 We just love the frameless glass shower enclosure. The door swings both in and out.
It is a huge improvement from our tub with sliding mirrored doors!
I was always stubbing my toes or bumping my shins when I climbed in and out of that thing.
I may or may not have yelled a few choice words over the years!
 Up above our vanity, I've hung this pretty cream colored iron piece, found at Hobby Lobby.
I think it's a perfect fit for the space.
 Oh, who do we have here??
Well it's little Miss Molly!
We've had Molly for a little over 2 weeks, and she has already made herself at home.
She won our hearts, and came to us at a time when we were totally heartbroken over the sudden loss of our Katie.  We still miss Katie terribly and always will.  But having Molly in our lives has been a big help.
Plus, she keeps us more than busy!
 Hey!  Just look what happened at the end of my little photo shoot today!
Someone decided that the toilet paper is just way too fun to unroll!
 "Hey, it wasn't me!"
 Thought I'd share a few more pics of Molly.
We just love her.
 She is almost 3 months old, and is full of energy and mischief, like most puppies are!

 I can't get over how quickly she is growing.  I snapped the photo below (which is one of my favorites) a week ago. She already has grown by leaps and bounds.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really do appreciate your visits and comments.
And all of the support you've shown me, it has meant more than you know.
Have a great rest of the week!

11 comments:

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Your dreamy creamy DIY bathroom is absolutely a spa like space. Love the frameless shower doors, ours is framed and retained from the 30's during our gut to the bathroom. I truly adore your bathroom especially the product/shampoo niche, so perfect, so practical. Now Donna Miss Molly just melts my heart, sweet as can be and personally I adore pups and kitties who indulge in mischief!
xoxo,
Vera

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh my dear Donna, I have fallen in love with Miss Molly. She is so darn cute and so full of her self. How can you not love that pretty little face. wish I could hold her and give her lots of hugs and kisses.

WOW, you bathroom is simply stunning. I thought you were in a high class hotel. Hubby did an amazing job on the bathroom. Everything is just perfect. How great to have a husband that can do things. My ex couldn't even use a hammer. LOL.

So glad that you have Miss Molly to keep you on your toes.
I am sure she bring you so much job and fun.
Hugs to you dear Donna.

Mary

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, wow your master bath is pure perfection. John did an amazing job and every detail is gorgeous. Love the tile accents and the color you are using. I just love the tall cabinet between the mirrors too. And those bottles you designed are awesome. I love them and so inspired by your creation. The whole bath looks like a spa. I know it was a lot of work but so worth it to have a space like this!!
My goodness little Molly is adorable. I just have to smile seeing her wrapped in the toliet tissue. They all love the stuff. She is keeping you in smiles I can see that and I am so thrilled for you to have her in your home.
Thanks for sharing your stunning remodel. It's beautiful!! Hugs

Bente said...

Wow, your bathroom is just beautiful, Donna. Just like a spa. Love what you did to the bottles too. Little Molly is sooo cute. It`s so fun with a little puppy.
Hugs from here

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH Molly is ADORABLE!
The bathroom looks so lovely...and it looks so much larger with the light colors, too. I love all of the choices you made for colors and tile, etc...and your hubby did a good job with it!

Trisha said...

I love the beadboard in the bathroom-it is so perfect! What a beautiful makeover! Molly is absolutely adorable and I just love how she matches the shower...what a little sweetheart. So glad that she is creating a new sense of joy for the both of you!

~Trisha

john said...

Your bathroom looks fantastic Donna and ....I LOVE your new baby ....she is so adorable ....I hope she helps heal the pain of your loss....I'm sure she will !! Have a lovely weekend...Gail x

Rose L said...

Great redo of the bathroom! Molly is adorable.

Jan Hermann said...

Oh wow...your bathroom is gorgeous! Job well done! Molly is so cute...and I see the mischievous side of her in the "tilted head" photos of her! Cute.

Debbie said...

Your bathroom re-do is gorgeous, Donna! Love every aspect of it!! It looks like something out of a magazine!!
Molly is a little doll. She sure has sweet eyes. No wonder you love her so.
I hope you have a great weekend, dear friend.
It's finally feeling like Spring up here.
Love to you.
Debbie
xo

handmade by amalia said...

The bathroom looks bright and pretty and comfy. Straight out of a magazine.
Amalia
xo