Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Letter Holder Redo

Bonjour, Mes Amis!
How is your day going?
Today I wanted to share with you my latest creation for my Etsy shop.  Of course in my excitement, I forgot to take a "before" shot!
Just imagine a boring, plain brown mail sorter. 
The kind you wouldn't give a second glance.
Well, once I spotted her, I just knew that she deserved better.............
 I knew right off the bat that I wanted to paint her my favorite shade of creamy white
(big surprise, I know!).
After a bit of distressing, I then decoupaged vintage sheet music to the front of each pocket.
Since I was going for a shabby chic look, what would be more appropriate than roses?
So I headed on over to the Graphics Fairy, and found these lovelies.
Cutting them out by hand was a bit of work, but fun, too!
 I decoupaged a different design to each front, as well as a pretty rose to the very top.
 Again, I sure wish that I hadn't neglected to take a before shot.  She was none too lovely!!
 I think she is so much happier with her makeover.
Just look at those curves:)
 Thanks for stopping by!
Remember, all it takes is a little imagination, and maybe a bit of paint and Mod Podge, to
give something an entirely new look!


9 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Donna, it looks great. I can't believe how you changed this - you did a terrific job. Love the graphics on it.

How's the sale of the house going? Hope that all is well with you, hubby and Katie. I was worried since you hadn't posted for awhile, but maybe I missed a post or two. Have not done every well with this terrible heat wave we have had. It is going away on Monday, thank goodness.

Hugs to Katie - even Waldo and Lili have not gone out much - only to go to the bathroom and right back in.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Hugs dear friend.
Mary

Rose L said...

So pretty! It has a three-dimensional look with the roses!

Bente said...

It looks so pretty, Donna. Great work.
Hugs from here

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, this redo is beautiful. Love the lighter look and the graphics are gorgeous. Your work is always uplifting, giving new life to an old piece.
Love it. Have a great week ahead.
Hugs, cm

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Donna, so pretty! Love the look of the flowers!
hugs,
Linda

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Donna I enjoy how you relove items into creative pieces to adorn the home. Love the roses and the music sheets. I applaud your imagination.
xoxo,
Vera

Debbie said...

Ooooooh...this is a pretty piece, Donna. I love the music sheets behind the pretty roses. You are such a creative soul!
Enjoy your Sunday, sweetie!
Love you.
Debbie
xo

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonito trabajo!!! me encanta la combinación de las notas musicales y los pentagramas con las flores, resulta muy romántico, besos

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty Donna. I love how you always take something plain and make it beautiful. Love it.

hugs
Sissie