Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

French Stenciled Crate

Bonjour Mes Amis!
Hope you all had a great weekend.
It's been so nice getting back to work creating in my craft room, after such a crazy summer. Boy, did I ever miss it!
So today I thought I'd share with you one of my latest creations, that I made for my Etsy shop.
You know how I love all things French. And aqua is one of my favorite colors.
Well, combine the two, along with some stenciling, and what do you get?
 Viola!  A fun and Frenchy aqua crate!
To the front I hand stenciled one of my favorite designs.
"L'Auberge" means inn or lodge.
 I added the number 4 to each side, representing the street address.

I used my favorite shade of aqua chalk paint by DecoArt.
So cheerful, I think!

 My grandma's antique treadle sewing machine made for the perfect backdrop for my photo shoot!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great week!

8 comments:

Trisha said...

So pretty Donna! The aqua of the crate and the pink flowers is calling my name. I hope you are all settled in and enjoying what's left of a busy summer. I've had a busy summer too and haven't been doing all the fun things I love either. Hopefully I can get back into as summer winds down. Have a great week!

~Trisha

Rose L said...

Matches my diningroom/kitchen/guest bath/and entryway colors!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love the crate Donna and the color too. You are
such a talented crafty lady. Everything you do is always so great looking.
Thanks for sharing this lovely crate. Have a wonderful week and hopefully FALL is just around the corner.
Hugs,
Mary

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Donna, LOVE your aqua crate. The color is so fresh and one of my favorites along with this stencil. I am a fan of everything you create my friend. So glad you are back to doing what you love and filling your shop.
Have a creative day.
Hugs, cm

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is such a pretty color. I don't really have much in that Aqua color in my home but maybe one of these days I'll change things up around here. Glad you are back creating!
hugs,
Linda

Felecia Cofield said...

Love the pretty crate, Donna! It would make a nice addition to any room! I hope all is well. Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Donna,
I always love to see what you design and this crate is wonderful. Aqua is such a fresh and pretty color and I love your stencil design.
Enjoy your week.
xo,
Vera

handmade by amalia said...

Gorgeous! And exactly the right shade of blue.
Amalia
xo