Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

One Party Animal!

 Yes, it's true!  We have a party animal on our hands!
 Our little cocker spaniel Katie turned two yesterday!  And to celebrate the occasion, what did I do but make her a party hat!  I know, it's ok.  You can call me nutty!  I guess this is what people do for entertainment when they are cooped up inside in the winter time:)
 "What is this thing on my head?????"
 Katie is so fun loving and sweet. She keeps us laughing with her crazy antics all day long!
Don't let that innocent face fool you.  Oh, no!  She is one very mischievous pup!
But, we love her dearly and admit that we spoil her more than just a bit!
 Ooops, looks like this pup is too pooped to party!
Getting her to pose for the pictures, all while wearing a party hat, was no easy feat!
I had to bribe her with treats while I was snapping away:)
 We're always ready for a party here!!!
Have a great day!
And to all of our friends snowed in on the East Coast, stay warm and safe:)

19 comments:

Trisha said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Katie! You look adorable in your hat! Hope you enjoyed your treats and your special day!

~Trisha

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I love the photos and the hat is adorable but not as adorable as Katie!
hugs!!

Linda

Musings from Kim K. said...

Birthday blessings to your furry 2 year old! She's just precious!!!! I love that she's willing to wear a party hat too.

Debby said...

Happy Birthday Katie. She is of course adorable. She's tiny, isn't she. Short little legs.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Tessie and Riley send you licky wet kisses and Riley sings A-R-r-r-o-o-o to you!
Happy Birthday to a beautiful young lady! XOXOXOX

Rose L said...

That hat stayed on longer than expected! She is a cutie!!

Celestina Marie said...

Happy Birthday Katie. You are way too cute!! Love the hat your mama created for your big 2nd birthday. You sure took great photos posing.

Love this Donna. Can't believe it's 2 years already since Katie came into your life. What a sweet post.
She is such an angel, mischievous or not! Love the hat you made!!
Hugs

The Bear's Blog said...

♫Happy Birthday dear Katie Bug, Happy Birthday to you♫

Woofs,
Molly Brown & Jessie ♥♥

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Your one lucky pup!

Bente said...

Happy birthday to Katie. She looks so cute in her partyhat. I think she love it.
Hugs from here

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Happy Birthday, Katie...what a heart stealer...and she looks like a perfect model, too!

NanaDiana said...

HAHAHAHA. That is too cute for words. Happy Birthday! xo Diana

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Happy Birthday Katie. Those pictures are priceless - she is such a beautiful dog. So give Miss Katie a hug and kiss from Waldo, Lili and me.
Mary

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I can't believe your baby is two already...What a cute girl! She is soooo lucky to have such great parents!

Carol

john said...

Aw happy birthday Katie ! she is so beautiful !
Gail x

Debbie said...

Aaawww...what cute shots you captured of Katie, Donna!
I'm glad you got out of town before the major storm hit!
Have fun down south where it's warm, and sunny.
Smooches.
Debbie
xo

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to Katie! She looks adorable in her party hat~ I especially loved the one where she is falling asleep~

Hope all is well at your home~

Love, Karen who is "bracing" for the snow! Yikes.

Tete said...

Such a sweet face- Happy Birthday, Katie! I can't believe she's 2 already. Love all the party shots!

Plak Lastin said...

What really makes this place attractive is the command and competence of the manager and the staff. They were patient and attentive, and offers great advice on every aspect of the planning process. The manager of Chicago Wedding Venues was always responsive within minutes while we were considering them.