Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

French Lavender Sachets

Bon jour Mes Amis!
The other day I shared with you my glittery creations using the sweet French Christmas angel image that I found on Pinterest.  I fell in love with that adorable little angel, and couldn't wait to come up with more ways to use her!
 I've always loved the scent of lavender. What could be more French than that?  So I just had to create some French Christmas angel sachets!
I pulled out my trusty Kenmore sewing machine, circa 1970.
It belonged to my aunt, and still works like a charm!
I stitched up a bunch of little bags from beautiful oatmeal colored linen, added the angel to the front, then stuffed with the most amazing smelling French lavender!

 I sewed this pretty cotton vintage looking, but new, lace to the tops.
I never put anything put pure dried lavender into my sachets.  The scent is intoxicating, and lasts for years! 
I joked to hubby that I am moving to Provence and buying a lavender farm:)!
 I've put some in my Etsy shop, if you want to take a peek.
 I am so happy with the way they turned out!
Now I will have to think of more ways to create with this darling little angel!
 Wish you could smell them............
 Have a great day!

14 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Lavender is a fragrance that you just can't get enough of,

Your sachet bags are beautiful.

Hugs

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are just lovely, Donna! And I love the other creations you made with your sweet angel, too!

Bente said...

They are beautiful, Donna. You are so creative.

Hugs from here

BECKY said...

Oh Donna! They are just so charming!! Love how you styled the photo, too! Hope your holidays are wonderful!
Hugs,
Becky

Trisha said...

If you move to Provence, I am coming to visit as often as possible! Those are just too cute and I can only imagine how amazing they smell!

~Trisha

Musings from Kim K. said...

Gorgeous! Lavender. Such a heavenly scent!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Those are beautiful Donna! I have some Christmas postcards I bought on the Seine in Paris, some of those would look great to do that with...I just won't get it done, darn!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosas!!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna, your sachets are just charming and I love how the graphic looks on the sweet linen fabric. These are too special!!
My mom had a Kenmore too and it was the best machine ever.
I love lavender too!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful project.

Hugs

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Simply stunning! I love the angel image and the way you made these sachets. Lavender is on of my favorite things. I have two large bushes that provide me with a nice offering for tea and sachets through the winter.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

The lavender sachets are so pretty.
If you lived close by I would give you lots of lavender - have quite few plants - all different kinds.
Love the little angel.
Happy thanksgiving to you, hubby and of course Katie. Bet she will want some turkey.
Hugs,
Mary

Debbie said...

These are just the sweetest sachet bags ever, Donna! Filling them with lavender was the perfect idea!
You ROCK!!
Debbie
xo

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I can smell them from here, Donna! Oh my, these came out gorgeous. What a sweet image you found. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and can't wait to check back with you soon for all the Xmas decorating!

Karen said...

These are so beautiful, Donna! I love lavender, as you know, so that makes these all the more special. Hope you will save one for me.

Love, Karen