Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cherub Treasure Box

Bonjour Mes Amis!
I've been meaning to share with you this gorgeous cherub box, which was given to me by a sweet friend as a birthday gift this past May.  I just love it!  Not only is it totally "me", but it looks perfect on my French Provincial hutch in my craft room.  And as a bonus, the inside of the box has little compartments, perfect for storing treasures and bits of this and that.
 For today's photo shoot, I brought the box to our dining table.
The box is wood, with a hinged lid.  Just look at the gorgeous cherubs on the glass insert!
Love!
 I love the front, too!
 Lift the lid, and this is what's inside...........
 I had so much fun filling the box with bits and pieces of craft supplies and other treasures, like the glittery French bird tags that I created.
 More fun little bits of inspiration!
 I love ribbon, so the box is perfect for displaying and storing some of my favorites, along with more of my tags.  I especially love the fleur de lis ribbon!

 Vintage French vocabulary cards, and a few of my glittered paper roses that I made from vintage sheet music await a future project.
 My friend also included several great ribbons, including this neat large wooden spool with gorgeous blue velvet ribbon.  (she knows my taste so well!) Love!

 More fun little bits and pieces.  Wooden birds ready for embellishment, and my glittered hydrangea blooms.
 Here is one last look at my box.
I must say it is one of my very favorite things!
Have a fun and creative week!
Au revoir!

8 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

What a beautiful box and yes your friend knows you so well. Love all the pretties you have in it.
Have a great Sunday.
Mary

Susie said...

Donna, That is a beautiful treasure box. I love all the pretty tags you have stored in it. Hope you are enjoying this summer. xoxo,Susie

Bente said...

The box is beautiful, and I love the gorgeous things inside.

Have a great new week.

Hugs from here

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Donna,
We just got home from our weekend and I saw your post in my spam!! More glitches I guess.
LOVE this gorgeous keepsake and storage box. What a treasure and you have it filled with special goodies to create with. I can see why it is a favorite. Your friend gifted you with a gem
Have a wonderful evening.
XO

Musings from Kim K. said...

It's perfectly YOU!!! Love all the sweet things that you've filled it with!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a sweet box filled with such inspiration!
hugs,
Linda

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a lovely gift...a sweet little cabinet of goodies! Hope you have been having a wonderful summer, Donna!

Trisha said...

This is such a neat treasure Donna! Wouldn't this be a fun swap idea?!

~Trisha