Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy White Wednesday!

Bon jour Mon Amis!
I've been at it again!  Painting everything in sight my favorite shade of creamy white!  Since it just so happens to be White Wednesday over at Faded Charm (one of my favorite blogging days of the week, by the way!), I thought I'd take the opportunity to share with you some of my latest creations!

 I love pedestal bowls, and am always on the hunt for them.  But, since they sometimes can be pretty tough to find, I thought I'd make one myself!  Well, my handy hubby actually helped me created this one!
 I created it from three separate wooden pieces, including a wooden candlestick.  Of course I had to paint her a nice creamy shade, and distressed her up a bit.  I think she looks so cute filled with faux eggs. So now she is all set for spring!  I'm also in the process of making an aqua one just like her ('cause you all know how much I adore aqua!).
 Everything looks so much better up on a pedestal, don't you think?
 I'm also always on the prowl for candlesticks that I can transform.  I wish that I'd thought to take a before shot of these.  They were wood and brass toned metal, and were definitely stuck in the 1980's!  I think they are so much happier now that they've been shabbified!!
 Lots of distressing, and oooh, la, la!


 And last of all, I found a pair of brass toned metal sconces, just begging for a makeover! Well, actually hubby found them for me!  I've trained him so well He knows me so well by now, that he enjoys looking for diamonds in the rough to bring home for me to transform!
 I could hardly wait to cover up that gaudy brass!  Isn't it amazing what paint can do?  I really love them now!
 I've placed everything you see here in my Etsy shop, if you care to take a peek!
Can you believe that I managed to sprain my foot the other day?  Hubby and I were walking on the beach, and had to hop across a stream.  Well, I twisted my foot in the process, and now it is all swollen, bruised, and very painful!  Next time, no more stream hopping!  Thank goodness I have my painting to help me keep my mind off from it a bit!!!

20 comments:

Desire Empire said...

They look fabulous.

Sorry to hear about your foot. BUt it's a good excuse to do nothing for a while.
Carolyn xx

NanaDiana said...

Oh~ I meant to tell you that I am so sorry to hear about your foot! HOW AWFUL That was all you needed! However, your whites are looking pretty sabbified to me! Good job! xo Diana

Blondie's Journal said...

I LOVE the pedestal and the candlesticks! It's hard to believe they were once brass. They are definitely shabbified now!

I'm sorry about your ankle...both of mine are very weak and I have sprained them many times {making them weaker}, so I think I have an idea of the pain you are in. Feel better soon.

XO,
Jane

All Things Chic 2 said...

Every time I visit you I always get so excited/inspired!!! I just passed up 2 candle scones at a local second hand store today , after seeing what you have done to yours I must go see if they are still there !!! I invite you to stop by for a visit as well!!! Blessings Lori

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So sorry to hear about your ankle...no fun...get pampered and let it rest! Your creations are beautiful...love how you created the pedestal!

Anonymous said...

love the white photos, beautiful, hope that foot heals soon,

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Well done Donna! I love it all, but particularly the little footed pedestal bowl.

Hugs,
Judy

Musings from Kim K. said...

How nice that you've trained your hubby to find you treasures. I hope your ankle is on the mend. I'm getting ready for foot surgery in a few weeks and I'm finding all kinds of reasons to postpone it.

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Donna,
I am sorry to hear you hurt your foot, but what a great excuse to slow down a little :) and have hubby take care of you
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I am excited to share more pictures of beautiful Switzerland and also Germany.
Take care of yourself!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

chateau chic said...

Lovely items perked up with white paint. I especially like the pedestal bowl.
Mary Alice

Revi said...

Lovely - EVERYTHING! Good eye you have. :)
-Revi

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

I love all your transformations. What color of creamy paint do you use???
Have a wonderful week
~CHeryl

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful!
... well done :) Love the pedestal!
Greetings from Australia♥

Lynn Stevens said...

What a Fabulous idea! Now on my to-do list! TFS
Lynn

Candy said...

Everything looks better in white...don't cha think???

Im your newest follower. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back??

Cindy Adkins said...

Ouch! So sorry to hear about the foot! All of your transformations always look so beautiful. Love the pedestal bowl! Thanks for stopping by - I'm glad you enjoyed the interview with Cindy!
Hugs, Cindy

Tete said...

Lovin' your whites over here! Hope you get spring soon there!

john said...

How clever to make your own pedestal bowl !! your projects look great as usual.
Please could I have instructions on how to train the husband to find goodies ???
Hope your foot is ok...have a restful weekend...Gail x

Unknown said...

What beautiful transformations! My kinda fun!!

Tami Hacker said...

Just discovered your blog via Faded Charm's White Wednesdays... love what I see & am delighted to be a follower.

I have a wooden pedestal bowl almost identical to yours, but it is stained not painted... hum, I'm likin your creamy white idea - thanks!

Haven't read far enough yet to know about your foot problem, but I hope you are on the mend :-)

Regards, Tami