Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Old World Style Chalkboard

Bon jour, Mon Amis!
We're getting some much needed sun here today in the Pacific Northwest!  Yeah!
I've been showing you some of the chalkboards that I've been creating lately, and today I thought I'd share with you a few more that I've made.

 I think this gorgeous gold baroque style chalkboard is one of my new favorites!  When I discovered the frame last week, I just knew that it would be perfect transformed into a chalkboard. Can you believe it, I actually decided not to paint this beauty!  I know, you are probably shocked that I didn't cover up all of that gold, but I thought it was so stunning as is! 

 It features lovely raised details, and an elegant black velvet insert.
 I had Mr. Chateau cut a masonite board for me that I then covered in chalkboard vinyl.
 And viola!  A gorgeous Old World style chalkboard was born!
 Ok, I couldn't resist sharing with you a few more of my latest chalkboard creations.  I wish that I had gotten a before shot of this one.
 It began as a boring dark green frame, but I just knew that with the addition of these pretty floral wooden appliques, and my favorite cream paint, it could be a shabbyliscious chalkboard!
 And here is yet another one that I just made!  As you may have guessed, I've been keeping hubby quite busy cutting boards for me!  Anyway, this wood frame has such pretty carved details, and a linen like fabric insert. Again, I painted it my favorite creamy color, followed by a generous amount of distressing (my favorite form of stress relief!).
 Anyway, this wood frame has such pretty carved details, and a linen like fabric insert that I really love. Again, I painted it my favorite creamy color, followed by a generous amount of distressing (my favorite form of stress relief!).
 I've added all of these chalkboards to my Etsy shop, if you care to take a look!
If you haven't already heard, Debra over at Common Ground (love her beautiful blog!), is now hosting "Marketplace Monday's", where you can link up to two items from your Etsy shop, or other on line boutique.  I am super excited, as I think it's a great way to not only gain more exposure for our shops, but also find some interesting treasures from other sellers and creators as well!  Be sure to check it out!
I'm linking up with Faded Charm for White Wednesday
My Romantic Home Show & Tell Friday

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is just a gorgeous piece, Donna. I would not paint it either- I think it is perfect as is...not even a smidgen of glitter on it either. They are ALL great- xo Diana

Debbie said...

Such great looking chalk boards, Donna. I'm sure they will all sell in no time at all.
xxoo

Japolina said...

I really like them.

Blondie's Journal said...

All of these are very nice! I like that you didn't paint the first one. it is so pretty as is! And I love the white one with the appliques! Very sweet! :)

XO,
Jane

Musings from Kim K. said...

Very nice, Donna. The gold frame is especially stunning. I had lots of glue and glitter flying around my craft room this weekend. I thought of you!

Leo said...

Always love your chalkboards. Wish I had more wall space....my house is almost all windows..so I don't get to hang much up!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You keep mentioning chalkboard vinyl. Where do you get it? Great chalkboards, by the way!!!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Bravo Donna! They look terrific, and I'm glad you relieved some stress in the process.

Unknown said...

Looking good as always, Donna!! So much fun!
xo
lynn

Anonymous said...

Great frames, what kind of wood do you use inside the frame? how do you cut it out? would love to learn how to do this someday,great job, just beautiful!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

There was a booth that had 50% off and I was so tempted to buy the big silver trays to make into chalkboards for dinner parties.

Myric said...

I am trying to update my skill. Now I am in painting 101. Our secret will remain a secret ;) Thank you soo much! I couldn't think of anybody else can make such geogeous chalkboard. You are the chalkboard queen!

xoxo
Myric

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hey Donna,
Ohh, I love all your chalkboards!
Each one so different but all with a bit of spunk.
Creative hugs,
Anna

john said...

Fabulous chalkboards and so practical ! I bet you sell those in no time !! Gail x