Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Northwest Flower & Garden Show

Yesterday hubby & I went to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show in Seattle, where this years theme was "A Floral Symphony".  Not only was there a dizzying array of unique display gardens, but tons of fun and interesting ideas that left me, well, dizzy with excitement!
 Check out this oh so fashionable mossy lady.  How fun is that?  Notice that her wine glass is actually a terrarium?
 And I totally am in love with this three tiered garden and the cloche as well!
 Beautiful succulents in a concrete vessel.
 In keeping with the musical theme, check out this piano bar!  How fun is that?

A tiny potted garden reveals a setting fit for garden fairies!  An adorable little moss covered bistro set feels like it's part of a secret garden!
I am in love with these vibrant hued roses!

Wish you could smell these lovely lilies!
There were lots of orchids on display.  Not sure what variety this one is, but I think it's just stunning!

Now here's a fun idea!  A frame from a vintage mirror is turned into a memo board, by replacing the mirror with chicken wire.  Genius!
More lovely orchids.

I loved this terrarium display! Large glass jars turned into fun and low maintenance little gardens were such a great idea, I think!
How pretty is that?
Now this is another absolutely genius idea, I think!  A row of glass test tubes become miniature gardens!  Love the layers of soil and pebbles.
Notice the mossy wall?
Not sure what this container originally was meant for, but I love how it was repurposed into a fun planter!


Lots of pretty spring blooms.

Aside from all of the wonderful gardens, there was a large marketplace area filled with just about every imaginable yard & garden related need.  And some fun home decor booths to temp as well!  Thought you would love this idea below!  It's a section of old rusty bedsprings, covered with glass, to make a fun little display!

I am in love with this shell encrusted mirror!

One of my favorite displays was this recreation of a vintage Parisian street scene.  Oh, la, la!
Complete with a French poodle!

In the next two shots, you will see a pond that had a "fogger".  It was so neat!

Do you have spring fever yet?  I sure do!
And last of all, this vertical display of plants, how cool is that?
That's it for today!  Now I need to get caught up with all you talented ladies and see what you've been up to!

11 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Donna,

"Bee-u-tee-ful" pictures. I like Miss Mossy Lady and the miniature fairy garden.

And thank you for reminding that at summer camp we make S'mores. I forgot all about them. Hmm, all of a sudden I am hungry! Giggle.

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures, Donna! Wish my computer had a "scent" mode!!! Try as I might, I couldn't smell them.

Loved the first pic. Quite creative. Also, I enjoyed among many other things, the horizontally placed terrarium.

Looks like a fun place to visit.

Karen

Tete said...

I loved the lady but then it got better and better! Thank you so much for taking some great photos of your day out. It has given me some ideas and some major spring fever!
I am glad that you got to go to this. Wish we had something like this around here in the winter time....sigh...

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

It looks like the show was really fun. I loved your pictures, especially the close ups of the flowers. It does make me long for spring, though we're 3-4 months of seeing any blooms here in Alaska.

Debbie said...

I was waiting for this post!!!
What awesome photos, Donna!
Such wonderful ideas.
Thank you for sharing this today.
I sure would hate to have to take this all down, wouldn't you?
xxoo

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

looks like a fun day to spend together!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Thank you for taking us along. What splendid pictures. So many brilliant ideas. Love the test tubes. What a wonderful way to spend the day.

Unknown said...

I was helping a dear friend at The Lily Pad! I traded some of my time for some beautiful lily bulbs...it was a wonderful show. I left inspired as well! Thanks for sharing!
deb @ Garden Party

john said...

Oh wow ! what a lot of fabulous displays ! and how exciting to have a mooch around..thanks for sharing..you got me longing for spring and gardening !! Gail x

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

OMG WOW! I've never seen a flower show this grand.

Dee

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW, this was an amazing show!!! I'll bet it was SO fun...and I can't believe all the beautiful flowers!!
XO
Cindy