Welcome to my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I believe that everyone can have a beautiful home without spending a fortune! One of my favorite things to do is find creative ways to re-purpose things I already have on hand, or have picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. Join me as I share with you some of my favorite ideas for crafting and decorating, as well as travel adventures, and fun things that I pick up on my treasure hunts! Much of my work is influenced by my love all things French, nature, and of course shabby chic! I have gotten so many creative ideas from you very talented bloggers out there, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you as well!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Dream Kitchens

Do you already have yours?
If so, lucky you!  While my kitchen is less than, well, dreamy, I did come up with some wonderful inspirations here.

Photos courtesy of bhg.com & Pinterest
 Blue is my absolute favorite color, and I could totally see myself working happily away in this gorgeous kitchen!
 Wouldn't this pink and white kitchen be a cheery way to start the day?
 An eat in kitchen would be tops on my list!  I just love this window seat banquet, don't you?
 I also really love the look of wood counter tops. Real wood, not the laminate stuff we used to have in ours!!
 Our kitchen is no where near large enough to accommodate an island. But if it were, I would have one exactly like this one!!
Don't you think this cute little blue & white eating area is just adorable?
I'm in love with real hardwood floors in the kitchen.
Not sure if this countertop is soapstone or zinc, but I really love it!  Oh, and I love the look of open shelving too!
Can you see a pattern here?  Lovin' all of the dreamy whites!
So, it would be a toss up, an all white, or a blue kitchen!
See any favorites here?
And lastly, wouldn't a butler's pantry be just awesome!  What a great place to create floral arrangements, wrap gifts, and more!
What does your dream kitchen look like?

12 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm totally loving the shots of the ones that feature a breakfast nook. The girls would love a nook to eat in.

Bente said...

Lovely kitchens.

Hugs Bente

Chris Arlington said...

You are a romantic. Lovely photos, but all I can think of at my age is "that looks like a lot of work to keep it spotless." But, you are young and energetic so go for it.

Debbie said...

They are all beautiful!! I would love to have an apron sink...sigh...maybe someday.
xxoo

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful images. Love the one with the hardwood floors:) perfection

have a wonderful week
~Cheryl

chateau chic said...

Oh my goodness, what wonderful kitchen inspiration. Mine is due for a revamp but it's going to have to wait.
I'm your newest follower and hope you can stop by for a visit.
Mary Alice

Myric said...

I am dying to have a nook like that at picture 6!

xoxo
Myric

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

My dream kitchen looks like ... any and all of the above, SIGH!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I would oh so love a butlers pantry for all my dishes. But I do have a huge pantry, so I am grateful for what I do have!

Myric said...

Aww, thank you so much Donna for sweet words. I missed your fab posts too because I haven't been blogging for this past week! I missed my computer :(

xoxo
Myric

john said...

But how to choose ???? they are all so nice. my kitchen is tiny but it's good to dream...Gail x

NanaDiana said...

I love something about each one of them. I'll bet you are favoring the first one! xo Diana